Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so spring is gonna be here in a couple of months and I would like to plan stuff out for myself. Last time you guys said suspension and now that thats taken care of I need some Ideas for new mods. Right now I have:

Hurst Short Throw
Intercooled Saleen IV supercharger
Saleen 435- 475 Upgrade kit
Saleen Cold Air
39 Ib Injectors
3.55 Gears
HTO Spark Plugs Gapped
Moroso Seperator
Chrome GT500 Rims (10in Front, 10.5 Rear)
Cervini C500 Side Exhaust
Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood With Billet heat extractors
GT500 Modifed Front Chin
Auto Meter Boost Gauge
PLX Devices MD 200 OBDII Gauge
BMR 1.25 Rear Drop Springs
Metco Lower Control Arms w/ Ply Bushings
BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar with Poly bushings
And I will be getting new tires this spring and I was thinking about doing a 2012 GT500 Steering wheel with Alcantara or 2012 Side mirrors but seeing RZNCAINS Carbon Fiber Radiator cover has me thinking about making my engine bay look nicer.
This is How it looks as of now, without springs

With springs

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
i'd say that front bumper needs to match the side skirts and rear bumper. also the pic looks like the skirts need to be painted.

as for the engine bay it's really up to you. if you like to show your car then i'd definitely suggest doing the engine bay, but make a plan for it just like you would for mods. the worst thing to see is a mix and match engine bay. if you want to update the caps to everything make sure you get all the caps from the same manufacturer. if you want to swap out the stock reservoirs for some nice aluminum pieces then do the same. get them all from the same company. mix and match looks just as tacky under the hood as it would anywhere else.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In my last couple of pics there aren't any side skirts on it because I'm stripping and reprinting them, but doesn't anyone know if they make a carbon fiber valve cover, I think going carbon fiber rad cover, and valve covers would look good the like you said boss replace the tanks

Nvm found some valve covers from moroso but if I were to change all of my tanks him much do you think that would run me?

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Now that you have the suspension done, next on the list is drive train. I would look into gears, possibly a Tru-Trac, and an aluminum driveshaft. Don't know what kind of clutch you're running, but upgrading that is another answer.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a McLeod rst, why would you recommend a drive shaft and do you think that putting wider tires could possibly put more stress on the driveline than smaller rear tires.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I have a McLeod rst, why would you recommend a drive shaft and do you think that putting wider tires could possibly put more stress on the driveline than smaller rear tires.
Any time you get more grip it is going to put more stress on your driveline.

Aluminum driveshaft = less rotating mass. Advertised gains are said to be .2 in the 1/4 mile. Take that wih a grain of salt, but it will deffinitely help. Plus you can get rid of that clunky 2-piece OEM unit. Gonna be stronger too.

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
I'm swapping out my driveshaft now more than likely. Hollywd is selling me his for 400, so that's a hell of a lot cheaper, so why not. I read it takes a lot of the clunk out as well.

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
Remove hurst

Acquire MGW

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yea I agree with the aluminum driveshaft won't here the knocking as much and lighter and holds up to 800 hp and up I believe

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Driveshaft... swapping the caps and valve covers is easy, just do it yourself..

·
Make Me Squirt
2,455 Posts

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wish I could afford that mod ^^

But I do, do everything on my car thats possible, I think the only thing I wouldnt do would be motor work Like building the bottom end or putting in a diff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts