Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's between a BBK, Airraid, or a K&N, I know alot of you are going to say jlt and C&L but I don't have that much cash right now and I want to get one before my 12 hour drive to family for thanksgiving, I need to make a decision before Tuesday so any response would be great!

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
fair enough. Then I honestly would not spend anything. Cold air intakes that do not require a tune ( for 05+ mustangs) are a waste of money. I'm just telling you like it is. If you want to spend $200 on a piece of plastic that sees maybe 2 hp, then that is your choice man. There is a reason that the ones that work are more expensive.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
i know your asking for a completely different engine, but i say k&n, got that on mine and love it.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
on the flip side.. you can see the same gains as a non tuned cai with a $60 K&N filter if you want to go that rout.

It really is not worth getting the cheaper cai.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I got bbk b/c I didn't want to spend the 600 like u but I ended up buying the tuner later on you could go that route too

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I was thinking about it and what's the real differnece between cai thar require tuners and the ones that don't? Does anyone even know?

·
Registered
28 Posts
You should be able to find a good intake and tuner for $300 used.

That's what I paid, and then I made $40 back on a new C&L intake I had bought for $100!

Here's a head start for you:

All Craiglist - v6 mustang c&l | Craigslist Search

If you're near LA there's someone selling an intake & tuner for $300 (although it's an SCT and you're going to have to buy a tune for that, usually $50).

Edit: Besides custom tunes are better than canned anyway, so you'll be getting something for your $50!

·
Registered
978 Posts
def get you an intake with a tuner cuz it will pay off in the long run!! :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
ya dont waste your cash on it save it for real hp increases...i made the noob mistake of dropping 200 on an intake when i first got my car

·
Registered
277 Posts
just asking how did it go from your other post when you were looking at getting a twin turbo setup, to not even wanting to spend the money to get a CAI/Tuner? just curious

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah I had to spend a majority of the money that was saved for my car on something else that just popped up, there's no kind of feeling knowing you could get all the stuff you wanted then have to use the money on something more important :(

·
Hip Hop Artist
6,524 Posts
ya dont waste your cash on it save it for real hp increases...i made the noob mistake of dropping 200 on an intake when i first got my car
first off its only 200$ and its something you can install yourself.. 2nd they help somewhat... even though its little.. but you cant expect much out of 200$ anyways.. real power = real money..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts