Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I took my gt40p's to a reputable machine shop to be checked, thermal cleaned, and a valve job. I plan on having these heads ported and polished, milled, springs, etc after I decide on a camshaft. The owner is supposed to call me in the next few days to discuss possible cam grinds, but I figured I would get your opinions as well:cool:. I am looking for close to 300whp, but peak hp isnt as important to me as a nice torque curve as its mainly a street car. Id also like to have a nice lopey idle, without sacrificing driveability.

One of his machinists recommended a cam from comps xtreme energy line. I told him to write down the specs. Would this cam be a good choice for my combination?
*Duration @ .050 224/232
*Lift .555/.565

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
just look into a custom cam...from jay allen..or comp or crane cams....

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
i have a trickflow stage 2 with my 347 stroker and my gt40p's and its effin great nearly the same specs as the coustom grind was going to be and almost 200 cheaper...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What kind of specs should I be looking for?

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I will grind on your lobes for free. .000 lift, 360* of rotation guarenteed FTW!

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Few people can tell you better than a cam company itself. Give them a call and tell them your setup and where you want your power, and see what they recommend.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Give Anderson ford a call they have some pretty nice grinds

1 - 8 of 8 Posts