Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
well it depends on what you want to do to it? do you like to mod your cars? i think there are a lot more performance parts out there for 5.0s for a lot cheaper to make them hella fast.... but they dont look as good ;)

·
Registered
187 Posts
98 FTW.
But... A 50 is really easy to build. And alot cheaper. Just look in any mm&ff. Endless combos for those motors that make big power. But a 98 looks alot better. No ugly clock ;)

·
Registered
590 Posts
To the guys who say the 4.6 looks better... the 94-95 looked exactly the same with horizontal tail lights and a 5.0 engine :p

I say get the 5.0. With exhaust they sound bad ass, and are much easier to make fast. I wish I had got a 5.0 instead.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
The 5.0 is alot cheaper to build up than the 4.6. But the 4.6 is easier to do the work on. It's a matter of how much you have to spend for your kicks. ask yourself if your gonna be happy with the stock power or are you gonna wanna do some serious modification to your gt. You can get a 5.0 block bored .030 over and put in a stroker kit and a trick flow set up for around 4k. Add a good exhaust and you will be looking at over 400hp easily. Or buy a 4.6 and put on a Kenne Belle supercharger in an afternoon for around 4k and get over 425 hp. But you might end up needing to put in forged internals for the 4.6, and thats another 2300 if you use a stroker set up. ( not counting the block work). You really need to figure out what you want to get out of it and what you are willing to put into it, before you decide. Good Luck With That!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts