Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, long story short, anytime I really bury my foot in it, my motor bogs. The boost meter pegs out right away, but you really don't feel it throw your head back till maybe 4500rpm. I don't think its clutch slippage (stock clutch I havcent replaced yet), and I've ruled out wheelspin, because in both cases, the rpms would jump right away, but they seem to be building slowly and having a hard time doing so.

The car is plumbed and tuned for a dry shot, which I haven't used yet, and the PO said it has colder plugs in it for the nitrous. Possible culprit? I'm running 92-93 octane if it helps.

The only mods are a smaller blower pulley (don't know the size) and a magnaflow catback. I just feel like anytime I get into it that hard, it should either break loose, or if its hookin up that good, throw by head back in the seat. I wanna get it SCT tuned on the dyno and lose the handheld tuner, but I'm waiting to throw some more mods on it first. Any ideas here?

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
Could be a few things. First thing that pops in my head is belt slip. Boost gauges aren't always accurate (even aftermarket ones). Also, might ask the guy what kind of tune he has on it. Don't know the situation with your car and people and what not, but honestly a lot of people don't know what they are doing when it comes to tuning a dry shot. I know a few tuners in this area that wouln't even touch them for whatever reason. Might check into what tune is on the car for the nitrous. Again, not sure about your specific situation and the tuner and what not but just some ideas you may want to start investigating.

·
Registered
890 Posts
You might want to get a CAI

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot to mention it has a K&N CAI. The tune is just a diablosport handheld tuner. I haven't touched the nitrous at all out of fear. How would I be able to tell if the belt is slipping? The PO did say he had a smaller belt on it due to the smaller pulley.

·
Banned
416 Posts
It might just be the summer heat. It's crazy what a difference it makes with our cars!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've heard that about the heat, but the car did it while it was still in the 60's.

My first move is gonna be to get the stock mid pipe outta there, then get it to my tuner. The last guy that had the car showed it, and it was a trailer queen. I wanna get this thing set up for power and make sure everything is right with the tune.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I would bet that its your tune, I'm going to guess that its running too lean. I don't have much experience with the 4V but the motor I tuned acted like that when the A/F was way off

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im getting it into the shop next wednesday. i noticed that the diff was leaking, so thats first on my list. i have a feeling that the posi may be cooked, but i got a new diff cover and a brace for it.

after i get that **** squashed, im throwing headers, xpipe, and new throttle body on it, so im gonna have to get it tuned. ill post my findings in a week, but damn do i hate being car-less.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts