Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this. I bought a 2006 Mustang Gt yesterday. it has 24000 miles. It has a single squire turbo. Magnaflow exhaust. Also a diablosport predator tuner and a MAFia. My problem is if i get on it hard then the wrench light and check engine light come on. I looked it up and that is the "limphome" setting. I believe it has something to do with the predator but all it came with was the actually predator and nothign else. How do i retune or update the tune on the car?

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
if you bought a car with a turbo on it, you should definitely pay to put it on the dyno to make sure everything is spot on with the tune. a dyno tune will also get rid of all cel's

by the way, those rear mount turbos are sick

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
if you bought a car with a turbo on it, you should definitely pay to put it on the dyno to make sure everything is spot on with the tune. a dyno tune will also get rid of all cel's

by the way, those rear mount turbos are sick
+1.

Get a dyno tune. Stay out of big boost till you get it sorted. :eek:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats probably what i will do. I plugged the predator in and it came up with three codes. Just not what i wanted om the second day.

p1635-Tire/Axle Out Of Acceptable Range

p061b- Internal Control Module Torque Calculation Performance

obd system readiness check failed?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i havent even been close to any boost since i had to clear the cel codes with the predator but i am getting it dynoed on thursday.. any idea of how much that will cost?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
$400-$600 and make sure it's done by a reputable shop. Where are you located?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Traction control?, inproperly lowered?

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Talk to the owners of the car before you? Unless it was at a dealer

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Sounds like the limp mode is being engaged because the tune isn't accounting for the torque numbers your seeing from the turbo. If that's the case then don't even trust that tune. My torque tables are completely locked out in my tune to disallow false CEL's.

Lastly, it's not hard to stay out of boost if you realize what is likely to happen if you do damage. Unless your pockets are lined with money for a rebuild, then it should be real easy to never see boost until after you get the car on the rollers.

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
yeah i havent even been close to any boost since i had to clear the cel codes with the predator but i am getting it dynoed on thursday.. any idea of how much that will cost?
Getting it dynoed or dyno-tuned? There is a big difference between the 2.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Hey did you go to Diablosport website? If you have a predator, Diablosport has authorized service center dyno tuners. You might be able to find one in your area. That's what did here. Then the guy downloaded the program created to the predator. No problems at all and I am very happy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts