Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the last thread I make for a while, i promise haha.

Anyways, this noise (sounds like a cricket chirping) comes from the front wheels.

It becomes faster the faster I go. But If I put the car in neutral the noise goes away, if I step on the brakes firmly it goes away, and when I turn slightly right it goes away too.

I have no idea what this could be...

In the video listen to the high pitch noise, almost like chirping.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anther clue: When I press the clutch, or leave the car in neutral, the sound almost stops. It still does it, but a lot less than when the car is under load.

·
13,575 Posts
Could be bearing going out in the front hub. If it was brakes it don't make sense that when you press them it goes away.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whats weird is that when I put the car in neutral while rolling it will stop making the nosie for a few seconds. This leads me to beliebe it might be a pulley? Maybe the power steering pulley since when I turn right it stops the noise? And since the power steering system runs in conjunction with the brake system that might be why when I press the brakes the sound goes away... super weird.

·
New time's coming soon!!!
3,008 Posts
Could be bearing going out in the front hub. If it was brakes it don't make sense that when you press them it goes away.

Common symptoms with a wheel bearing basically a roaring noise (which I'm sure you know) . By roar I mean a very quite roar that will gradually increase the longer you put off replacing it. With that it doesn't sound like a wheel bearing to me. It's hard for me diagnose the problem with the wind disorienting the mic.

Sent from 😣😤nbj vyx6,;dtzy could have u. Ovh77,😣😃🔠😳

·
13,575 Posts
I've never ran into a common wheel bearing issue it's usually a chirp, or catastrophic lockup up.

·
New time's coming soon!!!
3,008 Posts

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im going to run the car with no belt today and see if the noise goes away. If it goes away its a pulley

·
13,575 Posts
I listened to that HORRIBLE Video with some headphones and to me it sounds like either a pulley bearing or a belt chirp more so on the bearing.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think its the power steering bearing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts