Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
came with a Paxton 1200 that has a vortech bracket..Anyone know where this goes? It's looks like a 1/2inch spacer. I was thinking it would go somewhere behind the blower bracket but I couldn't figure it out..
uploadfromtaptalk1356138221969.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1356138235965.jpg

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
did by any chance they sell you a space for the plenum/manifold looks like a space they include with them

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
That spacer goes in between the supercharger brcket and the timing cover very bottom left bolt of the bracket. without that spacer you will experience some belt misalignment.

Reactions: DJNASTYNATE

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That spacer goes in between the supercharger brcket and the timing cover very bottom left bolt of the bracket. without that spacer you will experience some belt misalignment.
You rock. + reps!

So on this picture it would go where "B" is pointing?

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Thanks, good luck on this install.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
From the picture above it is where the "b" is pointing??
No not the B, when you set your bracket on just to mock it up it goes on the Furthest bolt down on the bottom of the bracket which just do happens to not be in the picture. Also I have learned that it is good to start with the supplies spacers, but to acheive a truely aligned belt system you will end up pulling a spacer here and there and replacing with washers to get it aligned perfectly. after I bought laser level i ended up not using most of the stuff Vortech supplied.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No not the B, when you set your bracket on just to mock it up it goes on the Furthest bolt down on the bottom of the bracket which just do happens to not be in the picture. Also I have learned that it is good to start with the supplies spacers, but to acheive a truely aligned belt system you will end up pulling a spacer here and there and replacing with washers to get it aligned perfectly. after I bought laser level i ended up not using most of the stuff Vortech supplied.
Got ya.. as soon as I looked at it again in person I realised what you were talking about thanks again!!!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whenever I put that spacer on it doesn't allow me to get the bracket on the "b" hole to touch. There is about a 1/8 of an inch space between the brackets and the engine..

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
are you on a 6 or 8 ribe setup? there are spacers between the Bracket and the timing cover on every bolt. what determines the size of the spacer is whether you are on a 6 or 8 rib setp.also where the idler pullies go onto the timing cover there are spacers that go on the nipples as well depending on your rib setup. the thing is you have to try to level out the bracket with the spacers.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm on a 6.. everything Looks like it lines up perfectly without that spacer.. but when I put it on it doesn't look like it's sitting right at all.

I think I'm going to leave it off and see how the belt is moving when it's running..

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Can you post up a picture of what yor talking about?

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
uploadfromtaptalk1356193771820.jpg

This is how it is aligned without the spacer..

uploadfromtaptalk1356193806352.jpg
The bolt I was putting the spacer on is the far bottom one.
uploadfromtaptalk1356193847855.jpg

This is another picture without the spacer.. I don't have one with it because I just reswaped everything out. But whenever I put the spacer in the top of the blower is tilted back about a 1/2 inch. The relocated idler pulley touches the alternator and you Can actually see the belt being stretched cock eyed..

I'm not sure if that makes any sense. Lol. Thanks again for dealing with stupidity.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts