Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know what else i can do to make more power or just make my car more efficient as in putting more power to the ground. I want some ideas and suggestions on anything from what else to bolt on to it for power or what to take off for weight reduction and anything in between. The only think i do not want to do is strap a blower or F/I on it. Im mainly wanting tips to increase power and efficiently N/A and will not hurt power while on the N20.

What i plan on doing so far.
Electric Water pump
Flowtech LT's (gonna sand blast em and coat with ceramic paint to reduce heat)
Maybe a cat back (have super 44's welded in the stock catback now, is it worth getting a 2.5in catback?)
Aluminum drive shaft

What i have questions about
Should i ditch my under hood S&B CAI for a CAI that is located outside the engine bay, should gain a little bit of power from the colder air.
What kind of lower intake is better than the stock plastic one? I only go to 6,500 rpms on the motor and only 6,100 on the spray.
What else could i do for weight reduction? I already ditched the front sway bar, rear sway bar, quad shocks, have a tubular front end, and i take the back seat out at the track.
How much and is it worth getting aluminum skins for the doors, trunk, etc.....
What else???????

Im wanting to get around low 12's on motor with just bolt on's and cams.
Thanks, David.

Reactions: Shaun13GT/CS

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Times in sig were on my heavy 18's up front and back

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Baz this has nothing to do with helping your question but dang do you have a nice car.

Your times are about what I'd like to run. I've seen a ton of KB GT's on youtube running 8.5's and to do better than that with just cams and suspension is wicked.

I would start working on weight. AKA those rims.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I am not a drag guy but I have heard that the aluminum door and bumper skins make a slight difference but only if you truly gut the interior.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man and i plan on getting some 15's soon for the track

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not a drag guy but I have heard that the aluminum door and bumper skins make a slight difference but only if you truly gut the interior.
What do you mean by bumper skins? Also every pound helps and adds up

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Baz this has nothing to do with helping your question but dang do you have a nice car.

Your times are about what I'd like to run. I've seen a ton of KB GT's on youtube running 8.5's and to do better than that with just cams and suspension is wicked.

I would start working on weight. AKA those rims.
Pffft. I run faster than 8.5s and I don't have cams OR suspension. :p

Baz, are you wanting advice on just bolt ons or are you willing to go into the motor?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts

Baz, are you wanting advice on just bolt ons or are you willing to go into the motor?
So the only thing you have on my is a rear seat delete, a tune, and sfc's. Where do you race at Atlantis? :p

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
There is a weight reduction kit for the bumper and spare tire area to lighten the back end some but keep it proportional.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No motor work, just cams

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
i would do some ported heads to match the cams you got on there. also weight reduction does a lot if enough is shed. TIRES! run slicks if you want to see the numbers drop.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Yeah i wish i had some slicks! I would think it would be very close to a 8.00 flat with just skinny front runners with DR's and defiantly in the high 7's with slicks n skinny's as it sits now.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I already KNOW i need tires but i am wondering what all else besides what i said i plan on doing will help.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
So the only thing you have on my is a rear seat delete, a tune, and sfc's. Where do you race at Atlantis? :p
If all of your mods in your sig, I also have tb/plenum, slicks and frontrunners on drag wheels (makes a big difference), and some other miscellaneous weight reduction (front sway bar, spare tire/jack, etc).

My track is about 400 ft above sea level (I think...lol).

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
i sand blasted my flowtechs and painted with the dupicolor ceramic paint and it worked good

drove on interstate for a half hour a 75 20 mins later you can grab the header lol

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
If all of your mods in your sig, I also have tb/plenum, slicks and frontrunners on drag wheels (makes a big difference), and some other miscellaneous weight reduction (front sway bar, spare tire/jack, etc).

My track is about 400 ft above sea level (I think...lol).
I have dr's but those drag wheels make a huge difference. Plus I'm in the Appalachia's so I'm a little higher than you. Regardless those are great times.

Baz I was going to suggest 4.10's since your running 1/8ths but I don't think it would be worth it to switch from 3.73's. IDK bro I tried lol.

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
do you have a battery relocate?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts