Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I need a beater/winter/something to pull my boat so anybody have any ideas? im lookin under 8k.... I like some jeeps or some trailblazers... not sure what sucks or not.

All i know is that i can barely make it to work in the stang... snow sucks. So help me out!! I need to get one asap. i have been on autotrader all day and my eyes are starting to cross

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Late 99/Early 2000's Explorer :yes

·
Buy American or GTFO
515 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im just waiting on my car tittle to get to me in my name... I was approved for a 12k loan at 5.5%

·
Registered
812 Posts
well, Craigslist is a great place to start looking as well, I always poke around on there when im bored and you can find some great stuff

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
got a 97 buick lesabre for free... from my uncle, just have to fix the trans

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
unless you plan an hauling a friggin 8 ft boat that lesabre aint towin nothin

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
Well, that's a pretty American view. Look at the Europeans - they'll tow a travel trailer with a WRX.
thats not what i meant.....

a wrx has the power and torque to move a boat, a 97 buick lesabre does not.....

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
thats not what i meant.....

a wrx has the power and torque to move a boat, a 97 buick lesabre does not.....
'97 Lesabre had the GM 3.8 - factory rated at 205hp/230tq according to Motor Trend.

Of course, I'm not sure how much power the FWD auto saps, and I'm sure towing with a FWD with pretty soft rear suspension is gonna be pretty sketchy.

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
hence y i said 8 ft boat, lol...

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Stay away from anything that's a big 6 cylinder. You don't save any gas over a V8 and they are dogs.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ha its a 22ft boat and no Im not going to tow it with the buick lol its just a dd for now

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
scratch this thread, im going into the reserves n dont need a dd for now

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.