Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just traded in my 02 GT for an 06 GT and I wanted to jump in feet first. I figured I would start with my suspension. So my question is would it be better to piece it together or buy a complete kit? As of right now Im looking at an Eibach anti-roll kit, Tokico D-spec adjustable struts and shocks, Eibach Pro-kit springs, and Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates all from American Muscle. However LateModelRestoration has a complete(minus caster camber plates) system from Eibach for $849.99. Should I get that and then get plates? :eek: Im looking for better handling overall not a specific setup for autocross or drag. Also my car came with 20" shelby razors, how much can I drop it if at all? Thanks for the input guys.

complete kit: 2005-10 Mustang Gt Eibach Pro-System Plus at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

·
Registered
272 Posts
From what I've seen, piecing a system together is usually cheaper and allows you to get exactly what you want from each part. Some would say, however, that a complete system would work better because all the parts were designed specifically to complement one another. If you go with the eibach system check out Auto Accessories & Aftermarket Parts at AutoAnything | Truck Accessories & Car Accessories | Floor Mats, Tonneau Covers & Car Covers. Put the system in your cart then redeem LOYALTY for 15% off. Ends up being about $790 with free shipping. I've never had an issue with them at all. Also, check out J&M @ HotPart Suspension Products for camber plates. Theirs are about $70 cheaper than MMs I think. Go with that stuff and you'd have a good road system for around $1050 if you installed the stuff yourself.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Highly recommend Kont STR.T's for shocks and struts.

Also highly recommend talking to Sam Strano for all things suspension. He's only a 5 or 6 time autocross champ or something like that...with a Mustang. Strano Performance Parts - Parts Catalog
If you wat adjustables stay away from Tokiko or what ever. They dont offer the best warranty even if one at all.

Go with the Koni Yellows if you want adjustablity and a real lifetime warranty.

They are on sale right now on Sam's site too. I would jump on those fast.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I'll look into that. Sorry it took me so long to reply been busy as hell.... Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts