Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I put Emblems from a '68 GT on mine. They are actually the hub cap emblem. Red with chrome edges, the G is over the T. I had to "manipulate" them slightly so they would lay flat since they are slightly curved to the fit the center cap.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
^^^ tape stuff lol. I really appreciate all the help but honestly there are no badges that really excite me. So I'm staying with the stealth look :)

·
Driver #98 F&R ALS TBird
82 Posts
I did, guess IDK what wrapping is. Assumed plasti-dip or that tape stuff.
Wrapping is a special form of what I believe is usually vinyl. It is also how NASCAR tends to prepare their super speedway cars (their speedway and short track cars are painted and then vinyl decals are put on top for things like the number and such) to eliminate the thickness a vinyl decal puts on the car for aerodynamic purposes. It is neat stuff.

My question is, for that price is there a reason you didn't go ahead and just have it painted?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I wasn't quoted anything less then 4,000 for a matte paint job. The wrap is very easy to deal with, if I get a rock chip I just cut a tiny piece of wrap and "patch" it up. It's also quite resilient, matte paint is harder to deal with. If a bird poops on matte paint and you leave it on there it'll stain. I've had the wrap since Dec 2011 and it's holding up excellently, so I'm very happy with it.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts