Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need help putting these connections back together to finish up my swap… The Yellow pen is used to point to the exact piece I need help with…

The first one looks like I must have torn the small hose. Where does it attach? (please photoshop the are where it belongs with a red circle if you have the ability.)
Picture 1

Again… No idea…
Picture 2

I have no idea where these connections attach…
Picture 3

These connections are in the front passenger fender well. One of them is capped off …
Picture 4

This is one of the fuel lines in the passenger front fender well. Where does it attach…
Picture 5

This is a nipple on the back of the intake… what attaches here?
Picture 6

This is the picture of the throttle cable, but I can’t get it to stay on… Anyone an up-close picture?
Picture 7

·
Registered
433 Posts
What did you swap over from? was this car a v6 before? that looks like the v6 throttle cable, which you wont be able to use.

The first couple of pictures are vacuum lines... which again, if this car was a v6, they may not be used and may just need to be capped off. On the 4.6 i believe the only place vacuum runs on the intake is: egr valve, fuel pressure regulator, upper plenum (in a couple places) and the actual vacuum regulator near the drivers fuel line.

The "nipple on the back of the intake" needs a large vacuum hose. the hose will come from behind the passanger fender, which it looks like you have pointed out in the picture above the one with the nipple (the you labeled as a fuel line... I am pretty sure thats your large vacuum line)

If I had more time, I may be able to help some more, hopefully someone else will chime in. Please list more info on what you mean by "swap"

·
Registered
433 Posts
Oh, and 3rd picture down, the flatter plug goes down to your A/C compressor, and the more square plug goes to your Crankshaft Position Sensor.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, it was a v6. Swapped in a Bullit motor. For some reason, I thought that I read someone was able to use the v6 throttle cable on the 4.6, but that is the Bullitt throttle cable in there.

Well at least we have "picture 3" and "picture 5" crossed off.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yep.

I too did this swap. Is that the vacuum hoses from the 3.8 or the 4.6? you certainly wont use them all if thats the case. I got a setup from a 4.6 when I did mine. If everything has vacuum that needs vacuum, all you need to do is cap them off. that should cross off pic 1 and pic 2.

Pic 4 i believe I didnt need to plug in, or it may plug into a turn signal bulb. If thats not the case, it may be from a fog light harness.

pic 5 should be the vacuum hose that connects to the nipple in pic 6

Pic 7 looks like the v6 cable that i couldnt get to work. i didnt use a bullit intake though, so I have no idea how that throttle body is hooked up.

lemme know if that helps, or if you have any other questions about this swap

1 - 5 of 5 Posts