Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I returned the car to the stock tune, gotten an Optima Red Top because I found out my battery wasn't working out so well. All I have changed is deleted the speed limiter, turned the rear 02's off, and changed the shift pressure to 5%.

I set the rev limiter to 6500 and then tried 6100 and I am still bouncing off the rev limiter. Help on what I should set it at so I don't bounce off the rev limiter.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
My tuner set mine to 6000.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, OK, I guess I can try that. It's just barely hitting the rev limiter right now as 6100.

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
when strategy tuning on the sct tuner's (i have the x3 or w/e) can we set where the car shifts at?
like what rpm's?

because im sick of my car shifting at 6k...when i dont make any power after 5500.
ive been manually shifting the car in the meantime. :dunno

·
Registered
77 Posts
are you sayin that u returned it to stock tune and still tried but hit the rev limiter?

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
when strategy tuning on the sct tuner's (i have the x3 or w/e) can we set where the car shifts at?
like what rpm's?

because im sick of my car shifting at 6k...when i dont make any power after 5500.
ive been manually shifting the car in the meantime. :dunno
On an sct you cant but a tuner/installer/person with tuning software can do it. I couldnt do it myself and it was shifting high when I would barley be on the gas but the tuner/installer that did the blower install fixed that for me. Now in my "custom tune" I am able to raise and lower the shift points but its not an option in the strategy tune.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, I returned it to stock and it was fine. I am saying that AFTER I returned it to stock, I re loaded the Strategy to 6500 and it hit. 6100 and it still hit the rev limiter. Idk what I need to set the damn thing to so it doesnt hit the rev limiter.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
by the sounds of it you need to lower your shift points.

whatever the cause though, your transmission isn't modified to spin to 6500 & should really never see the up side of 6k.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Casper, I had it set at 5500 when I first installed the tune to my car. It was bouncing very hard.

While I have you here Casper, I need some more advice. I set my 1-2 and 2-3 shift pressure at 5% firmer than stock. It's great, I love it. However, I set my 3-4 pressure to 0, which I would presume wouldn't make the tranny kick any harder than factory. When I am just putting along, the 3-4 shift seems like it's kicking an awful lot harder than factory and I have to say that I don't really like that.

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
^^ mine does the EXACT same thing, and i have it set too -5%
:dunno

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just took it back to 0 today when I got home and I also set the rev to 6k so we will see what happens.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Casper, I had it set at 5500 when I first installed the tune to my car. It was bouncing very hard.

While I have you here Casper, I need some more advice. I set my 1-2 and 2-3 shift pressure at 5% firmer than stock. It's great, I love it. However, I set my 3-4 pressure to 0, which I would presume wouldn't make the tranny kick any harder than factory. When I am just putting along, the 3-4 shift seems like it's kicking an awful lot harder than factory and I have to say that I don't really like that.
That's likely because it's changed in the tune itself. All you're doing is adding or subtracting from the pre-made tune for your vehicle. It might already have a 5% firmer shift and then by adding another 5% on the tuner itself you'd be at 10%.

Those settings are manual changes to an already pre-changed tune.

You really just need to get a custom tune made. They're so much better.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
If you put your car back to stock, it will shift 1-2 @ 5700 and 2-3 and 3-4 at 5500 unless something is wrong or modified. You should not be hitting the limiter. And if you return your car back to STOCK (not some tune off your SCT) and it still hits the limiter like that, the problem is not your tune.

What are all of your mods? Where did you get that SCT from?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts