Modded Mustang Forums banner
21 - 40 of 104 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
THANK YOU! those kits are not expensive at all! shoot but id like to talk to zinc a little more and see if maybe i could get him to help me out and watch him to learn!

I like Uber pads (YES Vader I said it again) yellow pads for compounding, green for polishing, blue for finishing. I also like the LC Hydrotech pads they work great as well.

also, why does no-one acknowledge the Griot's Garage?
i have one, and love it. :yes

It comes with a side handle, AND loop handle (much prefered vs side handle IMO)

i like what danny likes, cause he taught me. :D
btw, danny, i had a pad grenade on me :sorry
Thanks for the compliment man:) haha what happened? I had 2 LC CCS pads disintegrate on me while trying to clean them with the PC on speed 6 using a soft tooth brush, they just ripped to shreds due to the oscillations, it was a combination of pads and the shitty backing plate autogeek gives you in their kits. I got a new 5" backing plate from LC and I haven't had it happen again. But let me know why happened to it man.

also, why does no-one acknowledge the Griot's Garage?
i have one, and love it. :yes

It comes with a side handle, AND loop handle (much prefered vs side handle IMO)
I prefer it over the PCXP as well for that same reason. I think most don't give it as much credit as it deserves because most people just get the PCXP since its usually a bit cheaper and is the known as the original electric d/a.

the griots garage (mine is actually a shurhold 3100, but its EXACTLY the same, just rebranded) is only 120! i thought for the most part, the pcxp was 150! :dunno

also....that pad...:sorry
it was the cutting pad, and i lifted off a 1/4 inch for a half second because my cord fell on the paint, and the damn thing blew to pieces!
it only blew up in the center, and went right down to the velcro on the pad itself.
:mad:
also, its was EXTREMELY HOT, and almost burnt me! :eek:
what was i doing wrong?
im going to start a thread. :p

Don't like the Uber Oranges??
I havent tried them but I want to get some as well, never can have enough pads.

the griots garage (mine is actually a shurhold 3100, but its EXACTLY the same, just rebranded) is only 120! i thought for the most part, the pcxp was 150! :dunno

also....that pad...:sorry
it was the cutting pad, and i lifted off a 1/4 inch for a half second because my cord fell on the paint, and the damn thing blew to pieces!
it only blew up in the center, and went right down to the velcro on the pad itself.
:mad:
also, its was EXTREMELY HOT, and almost burnt me! :eek:
what was i doing wrong?
im going to start a thread. :p
Yellow Uber cutting pad.
The yellow pads get pretty hot because they are a harder foam and create more friction, what polish or compound were you using with it? I think you might of been applying quite a bit of pressure when polishing because to get my PC hot it would take alot of down force and at speed 6 or 5 also what backing plate do you have again?

Dual Action 5 Inch HD Backing Plate, DA backing plate, backing pad
looks just like that with a different name on it. :p

and surprisingly, i want applying much downforce at all! but i was on speed 6...:lmao

i have a feeling its the shitty backingplate that did it.
because the heat was emulating from the bolt that attaches to the machine. :dunno

i was using UC.

Dual Action 5 Inch HD Backing Plate, DA backing plate, backing pad
looks just like that with a different name on it. :p

and surprisingly, i want applying much downforce at all! but i was on speed 6...:lmao

i have a feeling its the shitty backingplate that did it.
because the heat was emulating from the bolt that attaches to the machine. :dunno

i was using UC.
Yup same shitty backing plate thats the exact same one I had to replace no joke if my PB would work I would post pics for you. I replaced it with the LC one:)

link?
i REALLLLYLYLYLYLYLYLYLYL....Y want one that flexes and slightly conforms to the body panels.
Look no further my friend :) I tried using my CG Evolve4R 5" backing plate that conforms to panels that I use on my Makita 9227C rotary with the rotary to da adapter and after 10 minutes on the PC it ripped the foam (not the pad the foamed backing plate) so get this one thats specifically made for DA polishers and not one that is for rotary use. good thing is I am upgrading to the holy grail of backing plates for my Makita the 3M Perfect it III:D

Gloss-it's EVO 5 Dual Action Backing Plate

21 - 40 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.