Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So American Muscle.com says that you can safely take off your stock gauge face and the needles. So last night I did that, just popped the needles off and peeled off the black overlay of the stock gauges, no big deal. so today I went driving.. and everything is screwed up! my speedometers over 10 mph off.. I drove around 40 mph and it said I was going like 55. I know I'm almost out of gas and it says I'm at a half tank.. and all my temp gauges are beyond the H.

Some one please give me some advice on how to fix this?! I'm freaking out

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well since theyve already been put back on, and I guess the wrong way, how can I fix this?

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Try this first- hold down your trip/reset button and turn your key on. The gauges will sweep all the way up, then all the way down. Then release the trip button, press it and release one more time and you should see all of the bulbs light up and "BULB" light in the odomiter. (You could continue, but most are diagnostic codes coming from the computer and are useless without knowing what they are or having the conversion tables handy. One though is a digital tach.) Press and hold the trip button again to get out of the diagnostic mode.

If this doesn't work, you will more than likely need to reset all of the guages one at a time manually.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts