Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok this is caused from my fenders right? how is this happening though? Are my tires seriously moving up that much into the wheel well for the fender to be cutting them? I dont feel like the tires are bottoming out or anything. These are brand new tires pretty much. 1,000 miles on them. It just started happening which is the weird thing. tires are 315's, noone else has problems with their 315's, WHY ME? i felt my fenders though, THEY are sharp and jagged as hell, sharp as a knife. it is not smooth under there which is another weird thing. but still, i can't believe my tires are moving that much to hit my fender.

this is how they were 2 weeks ago:

and this is how it is now: :mad:

i want to fix this asap, but im fine though right? anymore and it looks like it's going to make some serious damage, but i want to fix it before it gets really bad.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
ow, yeah shes rubbin on your fender edge dude

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
Damn! lol what springs are you running? whats the back spacing on your wheels? they shouldnt rub like that...they are def contacting the tin somewhere!

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
H&R SS springs. i don't know the back spacing. They are Cobra wheels from Replica.

This just started happening 2 weeks ago though. I ran it since Spring with no problems at all.

But i just need to have my fenders rolled though right? there shouldn't be any other problems? I dont know what else it would be hitting

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Are your wheels 18's?

I have nitto 315's on my 17" DD Cobras, and they looked teh same way... but I had a 1/4" spacer on the rear. I ended up getting them rolled cause that 1/4" spacer made the rear look soo much sexier. Get them rolled. Also: look at your shocks, I think one of mine is leaking, which is why one of my tires got scraped up more than the other ;)

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are your wheels 18's?

I have nitto 315's on my 17" DD Cobras, and they looked teh same way... but I had a 1/4" spacer on the rear. I ended up getting them rolled cause that 1/4" spacer made the rear look soo much sexier. Get them rolled. Also: look at your shocks, I think one of mine is leaking, which is why one of my tires got scraped up more than the other ;)
really. interesteing. No mine at 17's as well.

OHHHH so you have Spacers. I was always wondering why your stance was so beasty. Cause we have the same set up pretty much minus the spacers.

How much did you pay to roll them? im hoping it's not more then 100. Ill have to check my shocks as well. i really hope they aren't broke. I don't have money to replace them.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
Are your wheels 18's?

pics of your cars ass or GTFO!! :D haha

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
I Have 17x10.5 Fr500s from Wheel Reps, with 315-35s and Fenders are not rolled with no issues.I wonder why yours are Rubbing so bad.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
really. interesteing. No mine at 17's as well.

OHHHH so you have Spacers. I was always wondering why your stance was so beasty. Cause we have the same set up pretty much minus the spacers.

How much did you pay to roll them? im hoping it's not more then 100. Ill have to check my shocks as well. i really hope they aren't broke. I don't have money to replace them.
100 bucks. My stance is a secret :shiftyeyes

And yeah, it took me a while to figure it out, but if you push down on one side of my car it makes a hiss, and the other side doesn't. Makes sense since one of my tires was getting TRASHED from tire rub, and the other wasn't so much.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
thats pure sex!! lol I gotta get some spacers and a ball bat when I get new wheels :)

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
100 bucks. My stance is a secret :shiftyeyes

And yeah, it took me a while to figure it out, but if you push down on one side of my car it makes a hiss, and the other side doesn't. Makes sense since one of my tires was getting TRASHED from tire rub, and the other wasn't so much.
So did you ever fix the shocks?

im wondering if mine is leaking now. I drive my car on some rough roads with my shocks tuned pretty stiff. i'll have to check tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
So did you ever fix the shocks?

im wondering if mine is leaking now. I drive my car on some rough roads with my shocks tuned pretty stiff. i'll have to check tomorrow.
Not yet... kinda procrastinating... We will have to see. I'd realyl like to just replace the LCAs and the shocks all at the same time.

thats pure sex!! lol I gotta get some spacers and a ball bat when I get new wheels
Lol... Thanks ;)

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
minister.. Do you know if a Fender Roller was used on yours or did they use the hammer method? I went to 2 body shops that were pretty high quality in my area and one said they don't do that and the other said they don't recommend it. The guy i talked to had 2 mustangs and he well telling me his stories and stuff. he said if they roll them, i could run the risk of rusting or getting bubbles on the edge of the outside of the fender?

Im wondering if i need to go to a Custom shop to do this.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
There's someone on here that's thinking of buying a fender roller and renting it out for like $40, he just has to know if there is some interest.

Those tires look pretty chewed up, you either need to roll your fenders or raise your car... that sucks man

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah, i know i already let him know i was interested last week. I just gotta find a shop that does it. Or else i'll have to just do it myself. my car is going in storage in like 2 weeks anyway.

It doesn't need to be lowered. My car isn't even that low. I forgot to check the shocks today though.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
minister.. Do you know if a Fender Roller was used on yours or did they use the hammer method? I went to 2 body shops that were pretty high quality in my area and one said they don't do that and the other said they don't recommend it. The guy i talked to had 2 mustangs and he well telling me his stories and stuff. he said if they roll them, i could run the risk of rusting or getting bubbles on the edge of the outside of the fender?

Im wondering if i need to go to a Custom shop to do this.
They notched it and hammered it in. They did a pretty good job, but I wouldn't recommend getting it done this way. Try and have them notch and roll them instead of hammer them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts