Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought this 92 GT with a 5 speed, the previous owner says he done gt40 heads and a mild cam with an aftermarket air intake and a 3 inch dual exhaust the car sounds nice but is lacking the power I want. The rest of the motor looks totally stock can I get any suggestions of some bolt ons I can add to get more power? I heard these 5.0s can really fly, please help mine fly too!

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
A decent set of heads, cam, intake, with matching throttle body, injectors, fuel pump, gears & suspension, is all you need!!!

Good heads on a stock short block would be Twisted Wedge 170's, AFR 165's, Edelbrock Performer with 1.9 intake. A comp XE266HR, Anderson N21 or N41 would be a good cam. Trick Flow track head, Edelbrock Performer RPM II, Holley Systemax would be a good intake. Or you can just take the guess work out of it and get a Trick Flow Track top end kit!!
Trick Flow® 360 HP Twisted Wedge® Top-End Engine Kits for Ford 5.0L TFS-K514-360-350 - SummitRacing.com

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
What he said ^^^

I wont even add anything else. That covers the basics.

If its a mild combo get a 70mm throttle body, 24 pound injectors, 255lph fuel pump and a 75mm+ MAF and you're good to go!

·
Premium Member
13,581 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, what is the stock size throttle body's they come with? And is there any way to adjust the clutch? Because if I manage to launch without spinning the tires I can feel the clutch slipping when under hard acceleration and the clutch only has 1400 miles on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts