Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so i just installed my new 4inch JBA's and while the drivers side was a perfect fit, the pasenger side is huge problem, when i put it in the hangers and tried to align it with holes in the body and i have to force it in and then it hugs my bumber cut out on it pushes tward my licence plate. so i got it to fit right but it only because instead of putting in the whole that it comes in i put it in one of the plastic suports i coulded draw on the pick put its the outer holes in the pick. so now it hangs real low and i want it to be flush like the other one

Stainless Steel Exhaust Hanger Kit (05-10) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

so i was wondering if anyone has had the problem and nows what to do, like to i have to bend the hangers them selves or what, please help

(ps there the stock hangers, typeo in the heading)

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Sound like you didn't install the bracket correctly? Try loosning everything up and twisting and ajusting. Like loosen the bolt that clamps the axleback to the over axle pipe. If that doesn't work you might have to bend the bar on the muffler.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Using a pry bar and bending hangers is a perfectly acceptable way to line up an exhuast system.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
hope it works out for you brandon... it was a pain in the ass so far haha

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sound like you didn't install the bracket correctly? Try loosning everything up and twisting and ajusting. Like loosen the bolt that clamps the axleback to the over axle pipe. If that doesn't work you might have to bend the bar on the muffler.
i did ajust it ill il try the pry bar tho thanks for the idea

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
my passenger side was also real close to the bumper cover. i used a few washers between the hanger and the frame, where it mounts to, so the axleback would sit a little lower. that worked for me.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
ur gunna help me during suport tomaro right? and how do u do that pick of ur car i wanna make one
yea ill be in there...and you send a private message to StangGTR07 with like 2 or 3 pics and he will make you one

·
"Spectre" Veteran
492 Posts
FYI, if you have a full system installed, there may be other components further up the line that are pushing the rears wrong. Don't forget twist in the over-axle pieces and hangars at the mid-pipe. I had some rubbing issues with my SLPs once I put headers on with the axle-back hangars working backward to create a rattle when the hangar was rubbing on the rear frame piece. Adjusted, then it moved further back. Had to adjust the mid-pipe hookup to solve it, then got rattle of axle-back rubbing on spare tire well (tight tolerances under there! Changed clamp mounting on axle-back, and properly twisted the over-axle piece to find a balance location. Problems solved. Maybe this'll help someone, but I should've known to recheck the mounting when I put the headers on, heh.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
^^^ Right. You sometimes have to loosen the mid pipe connections to get the rears to line up properly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts