Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was out trying to install the rest of the nitrous setup, i installed a relay for it, hooked it up to a solid red wire in the right kick panel, ground was connacted to the pcm ground. when i tested the relay i had it hooked up wrong, stupid me, and it blew the fuse for the red wire i connected it to. well no bid deal found the fuse and replaced it and all good now. BUT now that i went to drive it the car is running super rich at idle, about 11:1, and it wont shift at all. it stays in first if i leave it in drive, and if i shift to manual2 it'll go there but no 3rd or o/d. Could someone tell me which fuses power the trans so i can check 'em out incase maybe i popped them too. all my books for the car are at work :/.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I got it figured out. I just got my hsw microedge back from repairs and now whenever it's plugged in something inside is shorting to the tps wire. When the microedge is unplugged everything works correctly. So now I've got to mess with hsw again to figure out what the hell they did.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds like a wiring problem, check your wiring!
I've triple checked it. when the microedge is unplugged it's at 1 volt however as soon as its plugged in it shoots up to 4 volts. so somethings gotta be messed up in the controller itself if it was my wiring shorting apart then it would cause the problems whether its plugged in or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts