Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 93 notchback lx, built 306, alluminum heads, victor jr intake, 1.7 roller rockers e303 cam, bbk headers,

its been bogging down aot when i want to get on it and itll take a second before it takes off, i change the plugs 4 times in the last two months, i dont know if it something with the choke, its a holley 650 street avenger, its been rebuilt also, i just cant find the probem, is it getting to much fuel, not enough?

·
902 Posts
you know how to tune your carb?

·
902 Posts
sounds like a fuel issue, but i dont mess with carbs.

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
They didn't make the street avenger in a 650. Probably a 670. It's hard to tell much from your description. Do you know what spring is in the secondary vacuum diaphragm? It could also need more accelerator shot.

Are the plugs actually fouling? How do they look? It could just be rich. What jets are in it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah see man im only 17 i dont know to much about cars i mean i know the basics and stuff but yeah the plugs are gas fouled i pulled them out and gas just drips off them, the very dark also, and know its burning gas off bad!

and know i havent tried changing that.

·
Registered
68 Posts
i am only 19 its good to see other newer drivers that are into muscle instead of that tuner crap

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
Did it start after it was rebuilt, or was it rebuilt because it was like this? You could have too big of jets, the idle circuit needs adjusted, or a vacuum leak if it's so rich fuel is dripping off the plugs. Or it could have a internal problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah the carb was just rebuilt, my buddy rebuilt it, and it did it before the rebuilt and yeah i hate ricers, we cleaned out the jets and put new ones in them im going to find out what size they are

·
Registered
26 Posts
take the air fuel screws run em all the way in and back em out 2 turns each then start with the bowl adjust and set the timing fro where the car makes the most vacuum at idle and see what you have, i have seen a bowl adjusted too high dump fuel into the car whil on the idle circuit be careful of this, and one more thing check fuel pressure if you have to much it can do this im not sure if it still has the stock pump with a regulator or if its aftermarket or if its mechanical but check fuel pressure carbs are way low compared to injection

·
Registered
141 Posts
throw a guage on it check what your fuel pressure is i belive 8psi is max on a holly 650 dp

·
Registered
141 Posts
its hit or miss when you rebuild a carb 80% of the time it doesnt do the trick carbs are tricky shouldent be handled much , try adjusting the floats, oil thin? too much fuel you will get fuel washing by the rings smell the oil check for thinness

·