Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys im in the first stages of research on where to transform my 98GT. Next year I will have about 12k to buy a shortblock and supercharger. I need the some opinions on where to find a shortblock and what to look for. I dont know if I can use an 04 cobra block, or if I have an 8 bolt flywheel. Also i would prefer to get all forged parts dut to the blower. I atleast want 400rwhp, and something that wont blow up or be a pain to install. Thanks,

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
MMR shortblock is your friend....it will come with forged internals....buy pi heads and intake put custom cams in the heads and make sure you get heads P&P and there ya go...of course there is more to it...but thats a good place to start your research.... some superchargers i would recomend...kenne bell, paxton, whipple, procharger....

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MMR shortblock is your friend....it will come with forged internals....buy pi heads and intake put custom cams in the heads and make sure you get heads P&P and there ya go...of course there is more to it...but thats a good place to start your research.... some superchargers i would recomend...kenne bell, paxton, whipple, procharger....
I already have PI H/C/I. MMR is the only place i have looked for shortblocks. I am confused because they say there the same as the cobra block. will a 4.6 dohc block fit on the sohc. Can you recomend a specific block.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts