Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone and thanks for looking. I have a 95 GT and when you go to turn the key on all the lights and whatnot come on but when you actually try to start the car it wont turn over no clicks or anything. Does this sound like the starter or solenoid? or maybe something else? I already bought a new starter but dont want to throw it in unless im sure thats what it is. Thanks in advance

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Try tapping on the starter with a hammer or pipe and then try starting it. Might help if you have someone to crank it while you tap it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just went out and it started so im just gonna replace the starter and see how it goes

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Ok let me know how it goes, Good luck!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One more question according to my manual it says to check the relay but on my car I have no relay on the drivers fender any clue where it may be located?

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
No I don't. Just search it on google tho, Im sure you will find what you need.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had the same problem on my '94. Intermittent starting issue. +1 on the hammer trick, worked for mine when it wouldn't start-had to replace starter.

·
Registered
288 Posts
it could just be a bad ground on the starter or if it was loose so double check that b4 u take it out. just clean up the ground and try it. if not then go ahead with replacing it

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the input everyone ill let you know my findings

1 - 11 of 11 Posts