Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
The first two both go to the egr assembly on the rear drivers side. The grey one goes on the back of the unit, and the black to the front. It's the piece where the vacuum lines hookup to as well as the two tubes coming from the egr tube.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anybody know what those last two wires plug into?

Here are better pics.

this first one has a wrap around it and can be disconnected from the main harness

this other one splits off the passenger side harness.

Also, I don't seem to have the pigtail that plugs into the fan. Any ideas?

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
That looks like the plug for the AC pressure switch that is in the AC line near the compressor.

Also, it would help to know what engine, car, and what year GT harnesses we're dealing with here. I'm guessing you're sticking a 97+ DOHC in a 99-04 GT using your stock harnesses. Is that correct?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, it's a Mark VIII swap to 04 v6. Using harnesses from 03 GT (at least that's what they said they were sending me.)

What i have been told...

green arrow leads to fan plug(somehow with connecter in between plug and fan)
yellow arrow leads to A/C high pressure. it splits off harness right by so called fan plug.

Red and blue arrows are what i am not sure of. the one with the blue arrow has that wrapping around it and can be disconnected from the injector wiring harness. the red arrow comes off passenger side harness by maf plug.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
right on. i'll take a look at that. hell, i might just have you come on over. your only about 45 min away or so.

Can't wait to get this done.

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
right on. i'll take a look at that. hell, i might just have you come on over. your only about 45 min away or so.

Can't wait to get this done.
Well how about that.

I also advise reading the "infamous Lincoln MKVIII swap thread." You might be able to pull some information from that and double check your work.

I'm still scratching my head somewhat on the whole wiring deal. I've got a 2003 Cobra motor (A/C deleted) with a modified 2001 Cobra harness going in a 2000 GT. Freakin mess, but I'll try to help the best I can.

After all, this stuff seems like a cakewalk compared to some of the exotic combinations that I've had to be a part of at work.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well how about that.

I also advise reading the "infamous Lincoln MKVIII swap thread." You might be able to pull some information from that and double check your work.

I'm still scratching my head somewhat on the whole wiring deal. I've got a 2003 Cobra motor (A/C deleted) with a modified 2001 Cobra harness going in a 2000 GT. Freakin mess, but I'll try to help the best I can.

After all, this stuff seems like a cakewalk compared to some of the exotic combinations that I've had to be a part of at work.
Yeah, I've already read that thread. I've got the bulk of the work done, just down to the details...those plugs, coolant hoses, and vacuum line routing is pretty much all i have left.

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
Yeah, I've already read that thread. I've got the bulk of the work done, just down to the details...those plugs, coolant hoses, and vacuum line routing is pretty much all i have left.
Wiring and vacuum line work - :puke

That is what I think of it. You almost never get it right the first time. I bet it's going to take at least 10 tries before I even get my car to start after the engine swap.

Good luck though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Figured out fan and a/c wiring. The other two I still have no idea. I did have a quick minute to look at an 04 GT. The plug with the braid plugs in the the passenger side valve cover, directly under the cai.

Pic of where it connects...

Didn't have time to track down that last plug that takes the 2 pins.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts