Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Mr Pimpdaddy
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys ,

I was driving my car today , and after time it started feeling sluggish on the throttle , then it got really bad....

rolling @ 65 in 3rd - 4th gear ....... my foot pressure stays constant , but then goes out

MEANING throttle is at a constant 45% but then starts to loose power reducing speed not re gaining ANY speed untill throttle reaching 100% ( full Throttle )

Power does not kick back in 1% - 99% but as soon as my foot hits the floor ( 100% ) power kick's back in ( Launching me forward ) because of full throttle
( check engine light came on ) _Dont have the $ to have it checked _

Called my dad and he said it was a sensor , and for a temp fix , unplug battery for 5 min to reset the computer, so there is no record of it

The temp fix worked , after 50 miles the throttle sluggggg came back so re did the battery thing , got the car home now ....

My question is ...

What would cause this ? or what censor is it ?

--------------------------------------------------
Just replaced
plugs and wires
4 new o2 censors
Head Job done ( values )
oil change
new Radiator
New water pump
New air filter

·
Registered
304 Posts
You can go to most auto shops or any Autozone to get the code read for free, just keep in mind that the code will not tell you what to replace just where to start checking things.

For example a P0141 code for an O2 sensor heater circuit could be a bad O2 sensor, a blown fuse, a bad wire, a faulty PCM, ect. The code just tells you which system to start checking, not which component to replace.

·
Mr Pimpdaddy
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok sounds good , also i looked around everybody wants to charge

Including aamco , autozone , kragen , and lil shops on the side
( car is to old to be read at pep boys )

·
Efficiency is Performance
1,214 Posts
Most likely bad O2 sensors throwing off bad A/F.

But have you been doing any tune-ups to it lately?Like filters, oil, sparkplugs, ext.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hmm, I guess shops in your area aren't willing to be as helpful when it comes to OBD1 vehicles, luckily there is a way for you to pull OBD1 codes by yourself with a paper clip, just jump the connector in the link with the paper clip, turn the key to run, and count the CEL flashes to get the code number.

Here are some links to the procedure for pulling the codes yourself, and a list of codes and their descriptions, How to pull codes, Code List

·
1,214 Posts
^ Actually OBDII started with '94 for the Ford V6 Mustangs. ^

·
Registered
304 Posts
^ Actually OBDII started with '94 for the Ford V6 Mustangs. ^

I would think his must be OBD1 if shops are telling him his car is to old to scan, unless of course they aren't even looking at his car after they find out what year it is which is entirely possible.

Was the '94 model year exclusively OBD2 or was it OBD1 or OBD2 depending on the actual production date?

·
Mr Pimpdaddy
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would think his must be OBD1 if shops are telling him his car is to old to scan, unless of course they aren't even looking at his car after they find out what year it is which is entirely possible.

Was the '94 model year exclusively OBD2 or was it OBD1 or OBD2 depending on the actual production date?
The car is OBD2 , They wont scan because of the year thats it , just stupid pricks ... i think im going to autozone or walmart and pick up my own reader and do it my self

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
A/F related.

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Sounds like a vacuum leak

03cristian

·
Mr Pimpdaddy
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
not a vacuum leak because when i remove the battery and reset the computer it fixes it temporarily

Friends say its possibly the " Speed control sensor

·
Mr Pimpdaddy
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TPS sensor maybe?

that's what i am thinking , i will replace both of them on sunday , I Just replaced my (STOCK) fuel filter today and its running a little better

240K miles ( Bought it used for 1k ) Looks like nothing has been replaced lol

·
1,214 Posts
The car is OBD2 , They wont scan because of the year thats it , just stupid pricks ... i think im going to autozone or walmart and pick up my own reader and do it my self
Yup same thing happens to me when trying to get my vehicle inspection sticker. It's hard to find a shop that will not be like ETF how do we register this car in the system. I later notice that on paper they changed the year to '96, perhaps their systems don't accept anything before 96.

·
1,214 Posts
not a vacuum leak because when i remove the battery and reset the computer it fixes it temporarily
This is why its more likely emissions related by Bad A/F from either bad O2s (because the car starts in 'open loop mode' not using the O2s until they're warmed up enough) or dirty MAF, try cleaning it and disconnect your battery afterwards.

·
Registered
928 Posts
id say bad upstream o2s its happened to me before also don't get the boschs get motorcraft if it is the problem I think theyre 60 from rockauto or around there

·
Registered
390 Posts
id say bad upstream o2s its happened to me before also don't get the boschs get motorcraft if it is the problem I think theyre 60 from rockauto or around there
yes only get the ntk type ford uses. i think if you unplug the octane spout plug pcm ignores "in closed loop" most sensors 02s, tps, dpfe,iat,ect,oss, that might cause this issue. try this first

1 - 19 of 19 Posts