Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i sold my old fox and now im looking to get a newer mustang. i have a 12k limit and i dont want anything older than a 99. my question is, should i go for something like a 01 cobra or for a new gt? i would definitely like a 03 04 cobra but cant afford it or find one.

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
It really depends on just what you are looking for. The 99-04 gt's don't have great factory power, but parts are definitely easy to come by. I would suggest an 01 Cobra if you can find one in good shape for your money or grab a clean 2v and leave enough extra for a procharger or the like.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i found an 06 though for 12,450 and a clean 01 for a similar price. thats what im really debating

·
Registered
902 Posts
maybe you could find a mach? Dont know what the prices are around your area but thats definately a great car

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was looking at a few machs also but cant seem to find one. only one i found was automatic and i dont want it auto

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Search everywhere in your area possible. Craigslist, private sellers, club websites etc. There is one out there somewhere.

·
Registered
902 Posts
yep dont rush into a car you dont want, and about you wanting a 5sp, HELL YEAH! I hate my automatic lol but good luck finding one, if your going for a mach the blue and red ones are the best color choices IMO :yes

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
Umm...for 12k want a 2000 GT with an 03/04 Cobra drivetrain :shiftyeyes

But in all seriousness, if you just want a driver, go 99/01 Cobra or Mach 1.
If you want to build, you can get a clean GT and forge the engine, engine swap, supercharge, turbo, etc...

You've got a pretty nice budget there. Best of luck.

·
Registered
188 Posts
If you're close to military post try searching from them. Military love selling their stuff specially before deployment and 12K is pretty fat. I can guarantee you that 8k is enough.Believe me I know because I'm still serving and seen it left and right.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts