Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
MMM JELLO!!!
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so i got the GG kit from DD from my gf for chritmas and it came with 2 orange, 2 green, and one blue if i remember correctly. and also the Negs 105 and 205.
my question is do you guys think the megs has a shelf life? if so how much and what temp should it be at? and also i have megs clay kit but im trying to go all out and spend a lil extra to get better stuff since i dont have a car yet and havent found one either im planning on picking some stuff up while i wait.
So heres a list of stuff i would like help on choosing:
1. Clay kit
2. Wax ($50-$100)
3. Best car wash soap
4. Tips on using a DA
thanks for all the help in advance
This is what i already have so let me know if its fine even tho i think its ok i just want more info from people who do crazy detailing lol
1. Smooth as glass Megs
2. M105, M205
3. Megs ultimate compound and Polish
4. Megs ultimate car wash
5. Megs gold class car wax (it worked really nice on my gt but looking for something better for the future cobra lol)

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
4. A DA as in dual action sander, do you mean an orbital or palm sander.
That will make a huge difference

·
Registered
479 Posts
Very nice christmas present! Somebody did their research! :yes

M105 and M205 will probably last forever as long as it doesn't freeze or you leave the top open. Then it'll dry out :lol As for temp most of us keep our stuff inside, so whatever your house is set at will do just fine.

1) A lot of us use otc clay kits, the megs one is great, but if you really want nicer clay/lube Chemical Guys CLY_109 - Ultra Fine Poly Clay Bar & Lubricant Detail Spray

2) There are so many to pick from in that price range. What you will ultimately pick needs to be based off of your needs from the wax. How much durability you need, if you going for looks or if your going for great beading/sheeting.

3) Any of the Chemical Guy's soaps are going to be better than what you use now, Citrus Wash&Gloss is my personal favorite so far from what I've used.

4) Tips? Watch these videos:

And of course practice! As you go along you will figure out what works best for you and what you want to accomplish.

Oh and were not crazy, we just have higher standards for our cars and love making them really really shiny :eek:

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
alright so i got the GG kit from DD from my gf for chritmas and it came with 2 orange, 2 green, and one blue if i remember correctly. and also the Negs 105 and 205.
my question is do you guys think the megs has a shelf life? if so how much and what temp should it be at? and also i have megs clay kit but im trying to go all out and spend a lil extra to get better stuff since i dont have a car yet and havent found one either im planning on picking some stuff up while i wait.
So heres a list of stuff i would like help on choosing:
1. Clay kit
2. Wax ($50-$100)
3. Best car wash soap
4. Tips on using a DA
thanks for all the help in advance
This is what i already have so let me know if its fine even tho i think its ok i just want more info from people who do crazy detailing lol
1. Smooth as glass Megs
2. M105, M205
3. Megs ultimate compound and Polish
4. Megs ultimate car wash
5. Megs gold class car wax (it worked really nice on my gt but looking for something better for the future cobra lol)
1. Clay kit- I would buy a Clay bar online, and get a 16oz bottle of Ultima Waterless wash. Reason being: you use alot of lube when claying and 1 bottle of UWW will make you like 5 GALLONs of lube. very cost effective, you can also use this diluted at .5oz/22oz of distilled water as a Quick detailer.

2. Wax ($50-$100)
Chemical Guys XXX- Great wax for the price- $20 bucks a pot
Chemical Guys Pete's 53- Higher nuba content than XXX, made for darker colors -$40 a pot
^These 2 waxes are GREAT for the money. Get a quality wax but dont spend a ton as you will be ordering alot of stuff.
3. Best car wash soap
Again Chemical Guys is a great choise on this one, here are some Favorites.
MaxiSuds 2, very foamy, cheap, slippery and smells like cherries.
Citrus wash and gloss clear, very safe maintenance wash, but will strip at high dilution when you need to rewax.
Most CG soaps are great, do some reading and see which one seems best for you.
4. Tips on using a DA
Do alot of reading and watching there are a few techniques and they all have alot in common, best thing to do is do alot of reading and watching and then spend some hours practicing to develop a technique. Im thinking about posting a how-to video on polishing to help the newcomers to the professional side of detailing.

1. Smooth as glass Megs
2. M105, M205 (Good stuff, a go to polish combo.)
3. Megs ultimate compound and Polish (a good one step, but you wont need it so much now that you have 105/205)
4. Megs ultimate car wash (lose the OTC soap, get a quality professional soap that will actually cost you less in the longrun because they dilute further.)
5. Megs gold class car wax (it worked really nice on my gt but looking for something better for the future cobra lol) Better than nothing, youll enjoy a better wax for sure, something in the 30-60 dollar range should provide you a wax that is durable and looks good.

If you are serious about detailing and you are going to do a big order of stuff, i SERIOUSLY recommend you visit detailersclub.com. This website is a subsidiary of Autoality.com. But Detailers club is a membership site, you pay an annual fee and get HUGE discounts that save you a ton of money in the long run. AND if you cant find a product on detailers club, you can order it from Autoality because you get 10% off there as well because the sites are tided together and your membership links between them.

Autoality/Detailersclub also carry alot of brands in one place which helps condense your orders.

Welcome to the obsession sir.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
haha Moddedmach and Bluesmoke to the rescue!

AGAIN lol

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
haha that is what he does, hes a busy guy tho.

who has the best job in the world....

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
lol

·
Registered
479 Posts
He is gonna **** his pants tomorrow when he reads all this.

esonu gonna be all like 'What the **** am I getting myself into?'

If only he knew :facepalm:

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
:lmao

·
MMM JELLO!!!
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damn told you guys you're crazy detailers lol. I'm at work checking all this but when I get home I'ma check it up online cuz it'll be way easier lol. How much is the membership?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Damn told you guys you're crazy detailers lol. I'm at work checking all this but when I get home I'ma check it up online cuz it'll be way easier lol. How much is the membership?
Not crazy, dedicated :yes

It's $50/year. Some people on here have saved more than $50 in just one order. If you're getting into I'd recommend it.

·
MMM JELLO!!!
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i thought i was dedicated with my weekly washes and 3 month clay and wax with my gt. i just wanna upgrade products lol

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
i thought i was dedicated with my weekly washes and 3 month clay and wax with my gt. i just wanna upgrade products lol
Weekly washes are the ideal frequency if you are properly doing so.

You shouldnt have to clay that often, especially since you wash weekly, once every 6 months should be fine man, unless youre gonna polish.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
I think he is the one who would get cooking oil on his car. So claying every 3 months was wise my friend.
Well under NORMAL circumstances without cooking oil....lol

How in the hell does he get cooking oil on his car?

·
Manthusiast
2,806 Posts
Him and his boyfriend pour cooking oil on each other and have passionate tantric oily sex all over the hood of his car.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
This guy^ with his oil and his Scion....

idk how i feel about it.

who approved you for ACC? lol

1 - 20 of 40 Posts