Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, I have a 1998 Mustang GT and I am making less torque than stock and yet 282 whp and 252 lb-ft and I can not figure out why I making not much torque at all.
I have full bolt-ons, stage 2 cams, 30lb injectors, 3.73 gears, long tube headers, and a PI Swap.
Any ideas what could be why I am not making torque?
Thank you,
Garrett

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,660 Posts
How are you measuring torque? Dynos can be easily manipulated. Time slips don’t lie. Have you done any 0-60s or spent time at the track?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How are you measuring torque? Dynos can be easily manipulated. Time slips don’t lie. Have you done any 0-60s or spent time at the track?

Yes, I was getting it measured through a dyno. I have not been to a track but I have gotten a 0-60 of 5.57. I added my dyno sheet to my original response

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, I have a 1998 Mustang GT and I am making less torque than stock and yet 282 whp and I can not figure out why I making not much torque at all.
I have full bolt-ons, stage 2 cams, 30lb injectors, and 3.73 gears, and a PI Swap.
Thank you,
Garrett

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I have a 1998 Mustang GT and I am making less torque than stock and yet 282 whp and 252 lb-ft and I can not figure out why I making not much torque at all.
I have full bolt-ons, stage 2 cams, 30lb injectors, 3.73 gears, long tube headers, and a PI Swap.
Thank you,
Garrett
Have you changed your massair flow sencer to match your fuel injestors

·
Super Moderator
4,660 Posts
I think you’re overthinking this. That 0-60 time is pretty good for a 2v. Dyno numbers are just numbers.

Also there’s no such thing as a calibrated maf to match injectors. That’s a fallacy from the fox days. The maf transfer function is calibrated through the ecu.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think you’re overthinking this. That 0-60 time is pretty good for a 2v. Dyno numbers are just numbers.

Also there’s no such thing as a calibrated maf to match injectors. That’s a fallacy from the fox days. The maf transfer function is calibrated through the ecu.

I figured the numbers were off, just wanted to see if there was a possibility

·
Super Moderator
4,660 Posts
I figured the numbers were off, just wanted to see if there was a possibility
I agree they seem a little off but it could just be the dyno operator. If you want real numbers take it to a track.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts