Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am very confused on this. I had a little problem with my dash lights the other night so I take the dash apart and look to see if a problem because I couldn't get them to come on at all and I was thinking that maybe I had a bad switch. Well I get everything back together and low and behold I have dash lights.. But the only problem is THEY WON'T GO OFF.... I have taken the light switch off and the dimmer switch off and I still have dash lights lighting up. I didn't connect any wires together but one ground wire that was for the radio while I had the dash apart but other than that I didn't touch any wires. The only way that Ican get them off is to pull the fuse but then I don't have any tailights. It is a 93 vert gt.. I am really lost on this one. I hope all you electric wizzez can help me out on this one... Thanks guys..

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Its prob a bad connection

Lose or something take your dash apart again and trace the wires see whats up...

Im sure someone can point you to a guide where they go....

You sure you didnt touch ANYTHING?

edit are you sure that was a ground and not a constant lol Id double check

·
Registered
299 Posts
I would disconnect that ground wire you say was for the radio. See what that does first. Thats when the problem started so that what you should look at first.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Double check dash wires. You might have a loose wire or a wire with a small cut causing it to ground out.
If it grounded out why would it stay constant if the switch isnt on?

Im thinking that *ground* wasnt a ground..

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Check the radio to make sure the red wire (switched power) is not in contact with the yellow wire (battery constant)...This will cause this issue as well...

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Check the radio to make sure the red wire (switched power) is not in contact with the yellow wire (battery constant)...This will cause this issue as well...
makes me think of something

Make sure the radio is hooked up right

The ground *black* could actually be a constant retarded as that sounds it could technically happen

·
Registered
127 Posts
Get a good DVOM (like a Fluke, etc) and verify all wires. Never trust the colours/tracers...especially on a pre-owned or modified car (yup, radios are modifications).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well the ground that I hooked up was from the radio harness that plugs into the back of the radio. I noticed that the blk wire wasn't grounded so I went ahead and grounded it. So just in case I will check that wire but I am almost sure that it's a ground. Also how would the yellow wire and the red wire touching for the radio cause my dash lights to stay on all the time, or did you mean that it would cause my radio to stay on all the time?? I will check and let you know if I find anything..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts