Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My current exhaust setup is stock manifolds, bbk catless hpipe, and mac mufflers dumped before the axle. I love the tone but at 50+ mph I just think it's too loud. It's my dd so and i drive 15 miles each way to work on the highway so i'd like to make my exhaust quieter at those speeds. would putting tail pipes on it help at all? I'm sure it would help some but not sure how much. Also, what about a prochamber midpipe? how would that affect the sound level. I dont want to do anything too crazy as I'm not sure how long I'll be keeping the car. but something not too expensive to quiet it would be nice.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Getting some hi-flow catalytic converters will quiet it down a bit. Cheapest catted midpipe is the UPR catted X for $299 +$9.99 shipping ...10% off if you can find a coupon code.

·
Banned
760 Posts
dude i have magnaflow for sale they sound nice deep and mellow,you dont live that far from me stop by and check it out.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
agreed just get some hi flow cats welded in and route those pipes back to the rear it should tone down alot after that

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think I'll start with the pipes then get some cats if i need more. sash i'm pm'ing you about those magnaflows ;).

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
its all because its dumped, run tips out the back and you'll hear a huge difference in drone
This. When the exhaust is coming out under the cabin it's going to be a lot louder inside the car, that's the point of dumps. I'd run the pipes to the back and see how you like that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts