Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to know if there is a way to remove the stock muffler and tail pipe without. WITHOUT. cutting the pipe. can i just jack it up on stands and wiggle it around till i can get the tailpipe out? just need to know if anyone has actually accomplished this. im swapping my orig. muffler for a flow 40 dump until i can afford the 40's i have to be installed dual. and the mufflers are already made to be dumps so im not wasting money. just trying to swap myself.

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
I doubt you would be able to get it out without cutting the pipe. You need to be able to move the tailpipe around to get it out from over the axle

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
Also, good luck taking the exhaust down in one piece.
Just the midpipe with cats weighs probably atleast 40-50 pounds. Granted it unbolts at the Y i believe but still.

·
Registered
398 Posts
jack up car, remove rear left wheel, unbot shock, lower rear axle SLOWLY till spring comes out, then unbolt exhaust and slide it out the side.

or take 30 secs and cut it wit grinder:shiftyeyes

·
Registered
19 Posts
to tell you the truth, just putting a 40s muffler wont make much difference. I did that before i did my full exhaust and i was highly dissapointed. theres a slight difference but not enough to take time doing so. IMO

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
^+1... Not worth it... Total garbage....

I tried it before...

Do it anyway if you really want to... And if you say you like it... You're lying to yourself. ;)

Not being a dick, just saving you from a huge disappointment.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^+1... Not worth it... Total garbage....

I tried it before...

Do it anyway if you really want to... And if you say you like it... You're lying to yourself. ;)

Not being a dick, just saving you from a huge disappointment.
alright ill take yours and everyone elses word for it. i wasnt planning on doing it i just wanted to see if it was really simple and i could just throw it on in like 10 minutes. im just gonna install my duals in a month or so. thanx to all! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts