Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a set of gt40p heads that i picked up. cleaned them all up at work, they are perfectly flat and good to go. i dont want to bolt them into my mustang with the old valves, springs, seals, rockers, pushrods. wondering if anyone has any experience with a good inexpensive build-up of these heads and what typical costs are gonna be.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Dont forget to have the valve guides checked

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
have a set of gt40p heads that i picked up. cleaned them all up at work, they are perfectly flat and good to go. i dont want to bolt them into my mustang with the old valves, springs, seals, rockers, pushrods. wondering if anyone has any experience with a good inexpensive build-up of these heads and what typical costs are gonna be.
Typical cost is too much money than they're worth. Just do a spring Kit and bolt em on. That's what my friend did. He got Alex's spring Kit and they're working good.

If you do a buncha work to them you'll be better off going with aluminum heads.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
11,200 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Wow, If you were to spend that much money on gt40p heads, you couldve bought a good set of aluminum heads, I hate to be the guy to say that, because thats all you ever hear w/ gt40s, which is what I'm in the process of installing on my car, but just with the spring kit,heads, and roller rockers, I'm already over 500 bucks in the heads, you can find a set of tfs heads for around 800..

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
i agree with others, but since you already have it, i got the trickflow spring kit for it. works well. got the 1.7rr as well to maximize gains on a gt40. if i were to do it ALL over again, i would've went with a aluminum head though. cuz for a few hundred bucks more u can get something that'll outflow gt40ps

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its really only going to cost me for parts. i got the heads for free (well i bought a motor out of an explorer, removed the heads and intake and then resold what was left and got my money back) i dont want to spend a lot of money so maybe ill just do the seals and the springs, and leave the valves. how much is a set of roller rockers? and what is a good brand to buy?

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
its really only going to cost me for parts. i got the heads for free (well i bought a motor out of an explorer, removed the heads and intake and then resold what was left and got my money back) i dont want to spend a lot of money so maybe ill just do the seals and the springs, and leave the valves. how much is a set of roller rockers? and what is a good brand to buy?
Crane or scorpion. I have proforms and they work great, but I usually don't suggest proform parts.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
Trickflow spring kit, 5 angle valve job and you,re done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts