Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was leaving work this morning car started and was running fine, went to pull out onto the street and car wouldnt accelerate and started idling rough car then stalled :mad:, I still had electrical power plugged in my SCT car not throwing any codes, unplugged MAF and was able to get the car to run so I could get it home. Is this just a bad MAF sensor or a tune issue, I do have an aftermarket steeda CAI that ive had on about 2 months with no issues?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok so I just tried my SCT again it is reading code P0113 Intake air high input. So does this mean its a tune problem and not the sensor?

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
reps for the legwork slater. i would have, but afghanistan internet is slow as balls

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the quick response guys, relieved it looks to be nothing major guess I will find out tmrw when I can have the wife take me to pick up the new IAT sensor.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Also, just wondering, have you replaced your alternator yet? Mine just died recently and it left me stranded in Orlando. Only have 8500 miles on the GT500 set up, but I guess it is a common problem. Just a heads up, as it could be an underlying problem.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Thanks bob. Didnt kno you were over there. I just got back two months ago. Stay safe

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also, just wondering, have you replaced your alternator yet? Mine just died recently and it left me stranded in Orlando. Only have 8500 miles on the GT500 set up, but I guess it is a common problem. Just a heads up, as it could be an underlying problem.
Haven't changed the alternator yet but the car has under 7k miles on it but it might be worth checking into since the car is 4 years old.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
The IAT sensor is built into the MAF sensor. You got that code from unplugging your MAF sensor. I would try cleaning MAF and throttlebody. Also try reloading your tune as that will reset the Adaptive Memory. Did you let the car warm up before driving or you were driving it when it was cold?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well didnt need a new sensor took everything apart and cleaned them up, turns out it was some junk in the plug for the MAF. Black Beauty is running like a champ again. Thanks again for all your responses.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts