how much is it?

·
Registered
154 Posts
you can buy it but i dont know it you can buy it separately

·
Registered
371 Posts
at least thats all they did, dont suppose you have your old set laying around or maybe someone you know that has a 5.0 has an old one.

i think id rather have someone do that then anyhting, usually its breaking a window or slashing a tire. if you could only catch them doing it..

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
NBA it's ****ing bad when gene ever knows what the wire is called*LOL*and you don't

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha well i know thats the coil but didnt figure it would be coil wire i dont no

i guess i could steal the one of the 41 ford can i not buy that wire seperatley?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
but really.....how did it get stolen

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
his father took it off the car so he wouldn't drive it.

and you would have to buy a new set of wires nba. you can't buy singles.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
can i buy just this wire and what would it be called

spark plug ignition wire or what?

how much is it?

coil wire and you are teh dumbness here lately!:D

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
why not go steal it back from your dad's purse

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
HAHAHA, that's why you should take the rotor out, not as obvious. If so equiped, you can partially pull out the connector for the TFI module as well.

NBA, if you still want to drive the car, rig up one of the spark plug wires and use it for a coil wire, it may run a little rough but 7 cylinders is better than none.

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i just took the one of the 41 ford which is pretty much mine also because im the only one who ever starts it and he will never know

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
The one from the 41 will not work unless it was updated to the newer style coil packs. I forget the actual model year but the earlier ones were designed for the current to only flow in one direction, not both ways like the later models. You will end up either cracking the plugs or possibly changing the firing order, neither are good. It may run for a while and you can try putting the wire on the other direction but I would not do it. I think one way to know if you have the wrong wire is if it "clicks" when you attach it to the distributor. Look for a part number on the wire and search google. My uncle ruined his ignition system that way so I know it does happen.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts