Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I've just joined this forum and I was wondering if anyone had any tips or suggestions on how to do so. I have the Saleen side skirts and I am in the process of buying the front and rear bumper. If anyone has any thoughts or knows of anywhere I can buy Saleen parts for a good price, please let me know. Thanks!

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
ordering directly from saleen could be expensive. try to order parts from a reputable ebay store, seller, or vendor.

·
Registered
468 Posts
also be prepared to do a lot of fitting...from my experiences first hand and with friends cars saleen body panels almost always do not go right on with out some heating or modification

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been thinking about turning it into a Cobra instead because it's alot less money for the parts. Any thoughts about that?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I'd worry about performance before looks...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I already have a few things done under the hood for extra HP (exhaust, intake etc..) but not Cobra parts. I wanted to start with the looks because that is what people will see first. Plus, I need to get my car painted... so I don't want to paint it befor I get the body kit and have to paint it again afterward.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
you might talk to saleenwolf on here. his mach 1 is converted to the saleen setup( body kit.. & trims ,etc)

·
Registered
25 Posts
i was on another forum and i saw an identical post with a lot of helpful info. If i can find the link i will post a link

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
there was a thread over on machregistry but i cant find the thread. haha.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
kinda gay you want to make your car into something its not, but whatever.

why not get just like a steeda front bumper/splitter, maybe a saleen, or steedawing, and some rims to set it off.

you can put whatever body kit on your car you want, but you still wont have a cobra, or saleen, you'll have a GT your obviously trying to pass off as a cobra or saleen.

·
Registered
468 Posts
i dont think making it a saleen is as bad as making it a cobra...after all saleen is an aftermarket parts company for the mustang that just happens to sell fully done cars as well...

·
Registered
600 Posts
kinda gay you want to make your car into something its not, but whatever.

why not get just like a steeda front bumper/splitter, maybe a saleen, or steedawing, and some rims to set it off.

you can put whatever body kit on your car you want, but you still wont have a cobra, or saleen, you'll have a GT your obviously trying to pass off as a cobra or saleen.
Putting a saleen body kit on a car does not mean he's trying to pass it off as the saleen. The saleen body kit looks much better than stock especially on the 94-98's. Plus its about the only body kit you can buy that doesnt look all ****ing riced out. Dont get me wrong I wouldnt badge is saleen or put the saleen graphics on the side (cuz i have the kit and i didnt) but saying dont get the saleen body kit because it means you're trying to pose as a saleen is like telling half the ****ing guys with 99-04 cars that putting a chin spoiler on their car is posing as a mach 1
/rant

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
+1 as long as you dont badge it as a cobra or saleen than it doesnt matter what bodykit it has the cobra and saleen look better than a GT so why not make it look good, Bodykit does not make a cobra fast the engine does! So do her up and post pics

·
Registered
468 Posts
+1 ....i would also say its ok to do cobra kits as long as ur car can smoke snakes all day long

1 - 18 of 18 Posts