Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm sure you guys get this question at least four times a day but i'm at a loss :confused: I just bought a 2002 Mustang GT with 7,000 miles on it and is completely stock i love the tone of the stock exhaust but i want it to be louder with the same tone. I've been considering the flowmaster cat-back, SLP lm1, magnaflow catback or the borla stingers. Please let me know what you guys think and if there was any other exhausts out there that you guys think would work for me!!! THANKS!!!!!:)

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
you could always get a offroad mid-pipe and keep the stock exhaust and it would be much louder until you get a catback

·
Registered
296 Posts
only 7000 miles on it? Good lord...

·
Registered
40 Posts
So i'm sure you guys get this question at least four times a day but i'm at a loss :confused: I just bought a 2002 Mustang GT with 7,000 miles on it and is completely stock i love the tone of the stock exhaust but i want it to be louder with the same tone. I've been considering the flowmaster cat-back, SLP lm1, magnaflow catback or the borla stingers. Please let me know what you guys think and if there was any other exhausts out there that you guys think would work for me!!! THANKS!!!!!:)

Ive asked this question as well, most just suggest using Youtube, I wish i knew what exhaust, x-pipe to buy as well. I want a deep loud tone, no whiney tone PLZ!

Wish i could help, gl with the search.

·
Registered
310 Posts
depends on what you like sound wise. I dont remember where exactly it is, but theres a thread posted with different type of exhaust combinations here; or youtube and see what you like.
I personally like mac w/ pro-chamber.

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
well I have flow 40 weld ins... to much drone in the cabin to me. I would look into magnaflows. those sound great. also your stock mid pipe is rather restrictive and the cats limit sound as well. look for a decent mid pipe if you want. I just took out my 2.5" off road H as I didnt pass inspection and my wife hated it.... she is a semi Eco nut. got REAL mad when she realized I didnt have Cats anymore...

just my thoughts.... good luck with the car, and welcome to the boards!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all so far. Would you suggest getting a mid pipe as well? if so which kind? Should i get the mid pipe before the exhaust? Im VERY new to mustangs :/

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
well if you can get them both at the same time that would be better a offroad midpipe has no cats on it so it will be louder and the check engine light will come on when its installed until you get a tuner to shut it off or MIL eliminators which are like 60-70 bucks also you might not pass emissions with it... or you could go with one that's has cats up to you the offroad ones are usually like 170ish bucks new and the ones with cats are obviously more expensive like 300ish new

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
oh and btw there are H and X midpipes the X will b e more raspy and the H will have a deeper tone to it

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks jayman I think ill stick with the cats for emissions. I noticed your from CT, where abouts? and how do you like you flowmasters?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
search bottom.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'm running a mac catback and love the tone of them. Still have the stock mid pipe on but i'm looking to get the MRT catted H soon. Living in California i don't want to mess with a catless mid due to the nazi emission laws here which is why i'm going for the catted MRT.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Im running SLP LM1 w/ Mac Off Road Prochamber, its loud as shitttt and people always complent me. Its loud, but has a good tone too. If you want a nice nice tone, with it being pretty loud, Id say go with the Magnaflow Catback (Not Magnapacks) with an off road X Pipe. I ran that setup on my GT and it sounded awsome, but I wanted it to be a little louder.

If you dont go midpipe, I say go with SLP LM1 or Borla Stingers. Heres a dyno of my exhaust:

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
no problem im from Stafford springs and i like em there not to loud cruising around town and at wide open throttle there loud with my X pipe i always get complements plus i was going for that distinct mustang sound everybody knows

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks shaun for the video that really helps! I understand why people compliment you it sounds great!!! lol at the "nazi emission laws"

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Im running SLP LM1 w/ Mac Off Road Prochamber, its loud as shitttt and people always complent me. Its loud, but has a good tone too. If you want a nice nice tone, with it being pretty loud, Id say go with the Magnaflow Catback (Not Magnapacks) with an off road X Pipe. I ran that setup on my GT and it sounded awsome, but I wanted it to be a little louder.

If you dont go midpipe, I say go with SLP LM1 or Borla Stingers. Heres a dyno of my exhaust:

YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.
I am running the same setup and love it as well.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
this is the vid that made me buy my setup exactly like your car

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks for the vid jay that sounds great as well!!!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts