Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so last night i was re-painting my calipers and was sanding and cleaning the calipers and something fell but i thought it was just some dust and stuff falling off.

Well i just pulled my car back outside and sitting in the garage is the little rubber plug looking thing. I looked and i cannot find out where it goes!!! And i know it has to be from the car cause i sweeped the garage before i pulled the car in!

Do any of you know what this is?? Its about 3/4 of an inch long and a lil less than half an inch thick...

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
looks like the dust boot from the brake bleeder.

Reactions: schoff

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
:yes, it is a cap that goes over the bleeder

Reactions: schoff

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess i must've just not seen where it plugs in... is it extremely important?

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
I guess i must've just not seen where it plugs in... is it extremely important?
it just goes over the bleeder screw on the caliper, you can reach behind the wheel & put it back on the bleeder or just throw it away.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright ill have to look a little closer, i was looking and just could not see where it went! I guess i was looking for something to difficult! Thanks man!

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
the bleeder will be on the top of the caliper

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
You know when you have an addiction to mustangs...you can spot the part in a pic lol. Love this site!!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My dad isnt a big car person and every time i talk about the site he's like how do you know they're right about stuff?

Well yesterday when i posted this it took about 5 mins to get my answer and problem was solved...he was impressed. He was like maybe they do know! haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts