Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need your help with the difference between American Muscle and Late Model Restorations 18" Anthracite Bullitt Wheels. I am going to purchase a staggered set before Sunday to receivce discount fom Black Friday campaign.I don`t post much so I not anywhere near 50 posts for AM discount. I enjoy reading members post and opinions.

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
probally not much go with the one thats cheaper

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
AM offers price matching and you can't beat the customer service.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can get set from LMR with Nitto 255/45 front and rear 285/40 for $1369.99. AM offer 1399.99 same size front tire but 275-40 rear which is slightly different diameter.

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
I need your help with the difference between American Muscle and Late Model Restorations 18" Anthracite Bullitt Wheels. I am going to purchase a staggered set before Sunday to receivce discount fom Black Friday campaign.I don`t post much so I not anywhere near 50 posts for AM discount. I enjoy reading members post and opinions.
Stump,

Remember we do offer Price Matching! We take great pride of our wheels so I'm confident you'll be very happy with them. On top of a great product we offer all of our wheels with a lifetime Structural Warranty and 2-year finish warranty!

Let me know if I can be of any assistance!

-Dan

·
Hardon Enthusiast
2,291 Posts
if you are active on any other forums AM offers discounts with some other forums as well. Also a military discount if your in the military.

·
Make Me Squirt
2,455 Posts
Do yourself a favor and just order from AM. They have pictures that show the wheels exactly as they come, they have customer car pictures, they offer price matching, and have free shipping. Trust me. I have a set of 20" Bullitts from Cruizin Concepts sitting in my garage unused and mounted to tires because what was pictured is different from what they actually sell. The wheels on my car are from AM and I couldn't be happier with them. Even if it costs you a little more coin, consider that being for a little peace of mind and knowing what you'll be getting.

To answer your question about the differences: offset, lip size, center hub size, lip edge, and spoke size and curvature are what varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. I spent 5 months trying to figure out who to order from and here's the conclusion that I came to:

AM sells exactly what's pictured. Most everyone else uses stock photos and orders from 5 different manufacturers/suppliers. If you have more questions, shoot me a PM.

Also, I should note that both Dan and Shane at AM have made an effort to help me resolve my issue with the other set of wheels from CC. I contacted several companies seeking advice and of the few that even responded to my emails, AM were the only ones that actually did something to help me out. If I have to spend a little more to get something from AM, I'd still do it in a heartbeat just for the customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree pekoe I want to keep stock OD on rear with the 555 Nittos 285/40/18 tires are $70.00 per pair higher than 275/40/18 . I have a PM and [email protected] info regarding price matching out to American Muscle. Hopefully I will hear something soon. I know AM is busy with holiday and 10 day saleathon.

·
Make Me Squirt
2,455 Posts
Jus try calling them! Their phone service is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I agree pekoe I want to keep stock OD on rear with the 555 Nittos 285/40/18 tires are $70.00 per pair higher than 275/40/18 . I have a PM and [email protected] info regarding price matching out to American Muscle. Hopefully I will hear something soon. I know AM is busy with holiday and 10 day saleathon.
285/35 is closer to stock thank 285/40. onlinetires.com had them Nitto's for $190 a piece and $140 for the 245/40. I went to discount tire and had them price match and installed in hours.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
285/35 is closer to stock thank 285/40. onlinetires.com had them Nitto's for $190 a piece and $140 for the 245/40. I went to discount tire and had them price match and installed in hours.
How do you figure. Those tires will be over 1" shorter than all the other tires he's looking at. Aren't the stock tires right around 27" tall? 285/35's are going to be less than 26", 25.85" to be more precise. I think that would look way funny wih such a tiny back tire.

·
Registered
6 Posts
stock on my gt according to tire rack stats was 27.1 inches and i put on 285/40/18 nitto's. i've seen 27.1 to 27.3 in height same size that came on 1st gt500's in the rear. this is my 1st choice. 275/40/18 too short for me, even if you are lowered.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
How do you figure. Those tires will be over 1" shorter than all the other tires he's looking at. Aren't the stock tires right around 27" tall? 285/35's are going to be less than 26", 25.85" to be more precise. I think that would look way funny wih such a tiny back tire.
sorry, was posting from my phone and didn't notice I was on 05+

·
Registered
483 Posts
I agree with purchasing from American Muscle. I think I purchased the same ones your looking at, or similar, from Cruisin Concepts. They took longer than expected to arrive and took calling someone multiple times to receive any information about the shipment. I'd go with AM as long as it was the same rim.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
First I want to thank all for your responses. After much research I have decided to make my purchases of the following from LateModel Restoration

(1) Anthracite DD 18x9/10 Bullitt Wheel/Nitto 255/45/18 front and 285/40/18 rear Kit part #WTK-1007Rt

(2) 2.5" axle-back exhaust kit from SVE for your 2005-10 Mustang 4.6L GT and polished 4" tips part# SVE-5230A

(3) Mustang GT Ford Racing Progressive Rate Lowering Springs part# M-5300-P

(4) Mustang SVE GT Pedal Kit w/ Auto part# SVE-9729AK

LateModel Restoration in Hewitt TX is an active MM sponsor. My total cost with on going sale and discount for being MM member with free shipping is $1795.22

1 - 16 of 16 Posts