Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have about 2 total amp wiring kits but the problem is they have been cut in like 7 foot pieces, what i am wondering is can i use 2 fuse blocks to connect the 3 pieces together? or should i just connect the 2 wires to each other some how, either tape or maybe solder(SP?) them together?

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
if you want to spend the money on distribution blocks you can that wont hurt. it would be easiest to just butt the two ends together then tape the hell out of it. solder wont hurt but with such large wire it would take a while to do

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
either solder them or use the distribution block, but as stated it is going to be rather difficult to solder it if it is a heavy guage wire

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it is 8 gauge, but i have 2 of the fuse holders or whatever, so i think i will just use them both, or if i have to, ill take he living hell out of the connection point lol

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Definitely don't just tape them. Use the blocks or go to Lowes and have them cut whatever gauge you want at whatever length you want. I got 20ft of 4 gauge wire for like 15 bucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts