Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forums and figured what better way to start out here than ask for advice. I have a 2002 Mineral Grey GT with 188k miles on it and would like to do some visual mods to it, I'm just not sure where to start. I have put rear window louvers so far and I like those. Any other ideas?

Attachments

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Those would be 1/4 window scoops, not louvers. Thankfully. I'm not a fan of either but those are more tolerable than louvers.

·
MM's V6 Hater
13,422 Posts
1. Remove the side window scoops
2. Mach delete kit
3. Mach lip spoiler
4. Lower
5. Flsfc
6. Wheels
7. Tint
8. Deck lid panel.
9. Headlights
10. Hids

·
Hardcore Devotee
2,179 Posts
1.mach 1 chin spoiler
2.decklid blackout and fill in "mustang" letters on rear bumper with black inserts
3. cut stock 10' antenna
4.wheels/tires
5.lower it
6.tint
7.mach 1 grill delete
8. Smoked Headlights

Most of the things I listed are faily inexpensive and will make a vast improvement.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok guys, so as of right now, I'm going with the mach delete and spoiler, black housing headlights, and antenna cut. Im saving for wheels and lowering. I still need to search google for some pictures of the decklid blackout and mustang inserts to see how i like it on this color. Will it really look better without the spoiler? And sorry everyone who said to remove the scoops, I like them so theyre staying, nobody ever has them so i feel like they set me out from the crowd.:facepalm:

·
Registered
546 Posts

·
Daily Driver
81 Posts
Basically all i did with my car was visual mods and sound. So i first started out with Tinting the windows (25% tint Proffesionally done) and blacking out the tail lights (Self done with VHC nightshade). The rims came with the car so luckily i didnt have to fork out any more money.

Next on the list, i loved the tail lights tinted so i bought the tinted head lights from American muscle Smoked Mustang Headlights (99-04) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!. Sorry dont have pics of what it looked like with just the new head lights and stock bumper. With the cobra bumper i didnt have to buy the grill delete kit. Also for the cobra bumer if you choose to go that route, I used the Mach 1 chin rather then spending 300$ (more than the bumper costed me) for the cobra chin spoiler.

I ended up also doing the full black out to dress up the back as you can see here.

Lastly, i lowered the car but cutting the stock springs. can find many write ups around the forum, the ride will be a little bit more stiff depending on how much you take out but in my opinion it was completely worth it i did 1 1/4 coil front (W/ isos) and 1 coil back (W/O isos)

P.S. Sorry for the long post but i hope by doing so i showed what things you can do to your car and how it will look afterwards rather than just posting everything at once.

FORGOT TO MENTION..FUZZY DICE +1

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
That was actually a great long post for this new comer^

got him headed in a good direction

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
Ok guys, so as of right now, I'm going with the mach delete and spoiler, black housing headlights, and antenna cut. Im saving for wheels and lowering.
you're going in the right direction with lowering springs. that is one of the most drastic exterior changes you can do IMO. any springs in mind??

i would keep the spoiler personally. also, i always kinda liked the factory star fish wheels you have.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like I'm reviving my dead thread with an update:

So, I've finally received my grille delete and chin spoiler. As well as some OEM style black housing headlights instead of my ugly chrome ones.

The good news:
-Chin Spoiler is installed and looks great.
-Headlights have arrived, just need to get around to putting those on too.

The bad news:
-My mach 1 grille delete bottom lip broke. The tabs that slide onto the bumper snapped right off. As of right now I'm thinking of using 3m double sided tape to hold it down. Any other ideas?

Future Appearance Mods:
-Red Brake Calipers
-8" Antenna (Not sure if I want to cut it or buy a new one; opinions?)
-Window Tint will be put on when the weather gets a little warmer

After these are done I can plan for more!

-Pictures coming soon

·
Still a Newbie
303 Posts
Looks like I'm reviving my dead thread with an update:

So, I've finally received my grille delete and chin spoiler. As well as some OEM style black housing headlights instead of my ugly chrome ones.

The good news:
-Chin Spoiler is installed and looks great.
-Headlights have arrived, just need to get around to putting those on too.

The bad news:
-My mach 1 grille delete bottom lip broke. The tabs that slide onto the bumper snapped right off. As of right now I'm thinking of using 3m double sided tape to hold it down. Any other ideas?

Future Appearance Mods:
-Red Brake Calipers
-8" Antenna (Not sure if I want to cut it or buy a new one; opinions?)
-Window Tint will be put on when the weather gets a little warmer

After these are done I can plan for more!

-Pictures coming soon
I say cut your stock antenna, easy and free!
And tint 5% I was disappointed when I went legal which is 35% here. I have been pulled over and actually received a compliment on how it looked with the tint haha

1 - 20 of 21 Posts