Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I pieced together my entire 03/04 cobra body kit for 1500. But I was looking at the pics from the spoiler I bought and I can't tell how it bolts on. I know on the oem there are a hand full of threads that you have to through bolt to trunk. But the one I ordered has no threads. So how the heck so I put this this on securely?

·
BTM AutoSport
2,710 Posts
I know on the oem there are a hand full of threads that you have to through bolt to trunk. But the one I ordered has no threads. So how the heck so I put this this on securely?
Drill the holes in the trunk and bolt it on.
:shiftyeyes

sounds like you got a driving hazard for a spoiler. it'll attach with 3M tape, but, don't expect it to stay on if it doesn't have anything to bolt it to.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
+1. That's what I was thinking. I was just wondering if any one eles has gone through this. The only way I can think of is to put bolts in through the top then fill over them before paint. I would like that to be absolute last resort though

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Umm not sure haha. Hold on I'll post a link or picture. Got it on eBay

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Try this stuff, its actually very stong! Just try not really touch the sticky side as it takes away the sticky and.make sure whatever.you put it on very.clean and this stuff will.do.its job

nick lentini

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

http://www.autogeek.net/3m-auto-tape.html

nick lentini

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for input But I'm definatly going to need at least a couple of bolts in it just for piece of mind. So I know it's not going to fly off going down the interstate

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Try this stuff, its actually very stong! Just try not really touch the sticky side as it takes away the sticky and.make sure whatever.you put it on very.clean and this stuff will.do.its job

nick lentini

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

3M Super Strong Automotive Attachment Tape, double sided tape, foam tape, 3M mounting tape

nick lentini
Already got some waiting in garage :thumb:

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

I mean I picked up the spoiler for 187 so I figured it would need some work

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
If you wanted, try and find a bolt with no head, and drill a hole smaller in spoiler, then take to nuts and put em on the bolts and turn both the opossite way so they lock together...now you should he able.to.use a socket of some sort to screw the bolt into the wing, then drill holes in the trunk and bolt it on :) and plus use to of the double sided tape

nick lentini

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Ford did something simialr as to what I sayed...the sail have a screw on them.like that to.hold them on

nick lentini

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
You'd be surprised with how things are held on. I'm guessing it's going to have to be like the abc exclusive that I have. you have to fill old holes, and make new ones back farther.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Alright well when the spoiler gets here ill take a look at it and see what will be the best option. I'll let y'all know how it goes and post some pictures of the results! Thanks again for the help

1 - 20 of 29 Posts