Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a cobra front bumper with a chin spoiler molded in and I'm wanting to basically keep the front bumper and side skirts the same distance from the ground, and I want the rear bumper about the same height or barely higher off the ground (without looking ricey/import like). I never liked how the oem GT bumper is so high off of the ground which is why I'm upgrading the bumpers.

As far as the side skirts I'm sure the cobra side skirts which match great with the cobra front bumper, but I dont like the cobra rear bumper, it sits too high for my taste. Any ideas on a rear bumper that sits lower to the ground?

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
well your only real option for side skirts are terminator ones , please dont put some god awful aftermarket ones on

and with the rear bumper the same thing kind of applies, there isnt a good aftermarket one without putting a full kit on like saleen or roush if you go side exhaust

unless you want to spend big on a shaved terminator bumper i would stay with the gt one

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so the terminator side skirts sit lower than the OEM GT ones? If so, where can I find the terminator side skirts? Thanks

·
MM's V6 Hater
13,422 Posts
If you have the ABC cobra front they are made to match the gt sides. So if you get cobra sides they may not match either.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
so the terminator side skirts sit lower than the OEM GT ones? If so, where can I find the terminator side skirts? Thanks
no they both sit about the same if not exactly the same

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh ok ill probably just stick with the GT side skirts if they sit the same distance from the ground. That's my main concern. So I guess I just need help with choosing a rear bumper. I just want to find a rear bumper that sits a little lower to the ground.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a picture of what I am trying to avoid. Now I mean I like the overall look but I just want that rear bumper to sit closer to the ground. near the side skirts height off the ground. To me it just looks like the rear end is hiked up lol.. Just my personal preference to sit lower

·
Registered
468 Posts
Here is a picture of what I am trying to avoid. Now I mean I like the overall look but I just want that rear bumper to sit closer to the ground. near the side skirts height off the ground. To me it just looks like the rear end is hiked up lol.. Just my personal preference to sit lower

That does look kinda silly..

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
every new edge looks like that, even a terminator

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is there anything I could do to bring it lower to the ground? Like how the front bumpers have the chin spoiler, a rear bumper spoiler or something? lol

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol well im not wanting ricey/import.. Cant stand that. I was thinking saleen but I dont want to mix saleen with cobra. Unless I can get a saleen rear bumper without saleen imprinted on it. Idk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Have you put the chin spoiler on? I have a cobra bumper, no chin spoiler and I removed the side skirts and it all sits pretty even. Call me trashy, but the paint matches and I think it looks pretty slick.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
true... just buy a shaved gt bumper and you gotta win

1 - 17 of 17 Posts