Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, on the picture I know the green line is the vacuum line from the EGR valve but where does that red vacuum line go and what is it for? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
It either goes to the intake plenum by the tb in the front or to the egr valve. My 02 is parked down the street right now but Ill look around on google to verify but it definitely goes to one of those two I listed.

Edit: Yes it goes to the plenum.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It either goes to the intake plenum by the tb in the front or to the egr valve. My 02 is parked down the street right now but Ill look around on google to verify but it definitely goes to one of those two I listed.

Thank you so much. I went to the custom exhaust shop today and will have to get egr tube fabricated to the long tube collector. Bad new is that they don’t sell egr tube for 2003 or 2004 Mach 1. I’ll have to buy something similar and have shop fabricated it. Car has long tubes and egr delete and I can’t get the P1000 drive cycle to go away since egr is deleted. I asked this question because I don’t know where to run the new egr valve vacuum line will hook into. Right now on the car that top vacuum port is indeed going into the plenum so I will connect the egr vacuum line to nipple on the bottom or does it really matter top or bottom? Man I wish I lived where there was no emission. Before doing this egr job, I have Bama sending me emission tune with egr turned off but don’t know if it will work since egr is turn off and it may not complete odd drive cycle. Sigh

·
Registered
4,498 Posts

Thank you so much. I went to the custom exhaust shop today and will have to get egr tube fabricated to the long tube collector. Bad new is that they don’t sell egr tube for 2003 or 2004 Mach 1. I’ll have to buy something similar and have shop fabricated it. Car has long tubes and egr delete and I can’t get the P1000 drive cycle to go away since egr is deleted. I asked this question because I don’t know where to run the new egr valve vacuum line will hook into. Right now on the car that top vacuum port is indeed going into the plenum so I will connect the egr vacuum line to nipple on the bottom or does it really matter top or bottom? Man I wish I lived where there was no emission. Before doing this egr job, I have Bama sending me emission tune with egr turned off but don’t know if it will work since egr is turn off and it may not complete odd drive cycle. Sigh
No problem man. Even turning the egr stuff off in the tune will show up as the emissions monitor not ready. Im not in an emissions state but I do know in some states thats an automatic fail.

The green one has to go the the egr valve and the red one to plenum vacuum. Im not sure if it matters or not because if you think about it the dpfe sensor acts as a valve that opens to allow engine vacuum to open the egr valve under various conditions.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts

Intake Plenum
Post 2

·
Registered
979 Posts

He seems to do that a lot/resurrect a lot of dead posts.

OP, you may want to try and source something from a 4.6 2V as it is likely a cross over part. Since you have longtubes I expect some fab necessary like you are encountering. Does your state have emissions testing (I Missed it if you already said this)? If not, I would leave it EGR deleted and just deal with the readiness check failing, as if it is disabled in the tune your car should run fine.

Good Luck either way!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts