Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, Im making this post for a close friend of mine. He bought a 2010 mustang GT a month ago. Now he is ready to do the best bang for the buck to pep it up. He said it's a 4.6 with 5.4 heads. i have no clue. But the car is all factory. Does anyone know if this is true? He thinks it's a 4.6L with 5.4 heads because of a factory sticker under the hood. that says 4.6L and then has 5.4 in a code afterwards. it's a manual. Wanna say he told me it has 315 hp stock. Well wut would be ur list of mods to do? within a 1,000 dollar give or take range. please list the mods in order of their relevance for best affect. thanks

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I would recommend a cold air intake, programmer and a set of 4.10 gears, these should really make a big difference in the responsiveness off the car and he should be right at $1000 give or take. And I've never heard of a 4.6 having 5.4 heads especially if the vehicle is stock.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
It doesn't have 5.4L 4V heads...

The best bang for the buck for mod is going to be a custom programmer and a CAI.

I'd highly recommend a C&L Racer + SCT Xcal3 from a reputable tuner like VMP Tuning.

·
Registered
158 Posts
5.4 heads o_O ...yaaaaa..........no LOL

Anyways yes the best bang for your buck would be a CAI and tune from a reputable shop. Aka VMP tuning, bama, brenspeed, evolution performance. Also get some 3.73 gears and that should put you at just around $1k

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.. I told him before that the 5.4 in that serial number probably didn't mean it has 5.4 heads. haha He is young and insists it has to.. But I will let him know about the mods. I have heard alot of times from new edge guys that if ur going to stay N/A then 4.10's are the way to go. but if u plan to go F/I in the future go 3.73.. So I will check with him and if he plans on staying N/A I would prolly think 4.10's would be the best route. Oh yea.. any idea on how much HP the CAI and Tuner would give it? I know there isn't an exact number. but just a ball park figure would be cool. Thanks again

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
About 25 rwhp for a cai and tuner. And 3.73's aren't much of a change if his car already has 3.55's. 4.10's could be better n/a if he can get it to hook up. If he doesn't invest in some suspension mods he'll likely just blow the tires off of it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
It has a CAI stock so you wont be needed that,A good tune, new gear, IMO go with 3.73 if your buddy want to save gas on the highway.

About 25 rwhp for a cai and tuner. And 3.73's aren't much of a change if his car already has 3.55's. 4.10's could be better n/a if he can get it to hook up. If he doesn't invest in some suspension mods he'll likely just blow the tires off of it.
It most likely has a 3.31 check the sticker on the rear axle to make sure but I'm 100% on the 3.31 because they only put 3.73s in the track pack.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
It most likely has a 3.31 check the sticker on the rear axle to make sure but I'm 100% on the 3.31 because they only put 3.73s in the track pack.
Thats not true...Mine is a base GT 5speed and that was the only option i wanted and it had 3.73 option added from factory..It wasnt a special order it was the car sitting on lot from factory.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
My car has 3.55's straight from the factory. The difference between 3.73's and 4.10's as far as gas milage goes isn't enough to matter(around 1 mpg on highway).

·
Registered
168 Posts
The first mods I did to my 2010 GT were a JLT intake, Magnaflow Catback exhaust (2.5" pipe W/ 4" tips and Magnapacks) and a 91 octane tune. It really woke up the car. I want to get a custom dyno tune but won't do that until I get some more mods. I raced a 2005 STi that had a 91 octane tune and on a good run where we both shifted correctly I pulled about 4 cars on him before shutting down mid third gear.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
It has a CAI stock so you wont be needed that,A good tune, new gear, IMO go with 3.73 if your buddy want to save gas on the highway.

What do you mean it has a CAI stock? Either way the factory CAI like the Bullitt is nothing like an aftermarket CAI like the C&L racer or JLT. It's actually also possible it has 3.55s or 3.73s.. The door jamb sticker also should say the gearing.

·
Registered
107 Posts
What do you mean it has a CAI stock? Either way the factory CAI like the Bullitt is nothing like an aftermarket CAI like the C&L racer or JLT. It's actually also possible it has 3.55s or 3.73s.. The door jamb sticker also should say the gearing.
The 2010 comes with a CAI stock its how the got the extra 15 hp it would be a waste of money to buy one IMO

Thats not true...Mine is a base GT 5speed and that was the only option i wanted and it had 3.73 option added from factory..It wasnt a special order it was the car sitting on lot from factory.
They did weird things for the 10 I am realizing that now you cant seem to find anything that they kept too they really had A.D.D with the 10

·
Registered
168 Posts
The 2010 comes with a CAI stock its how the got the extra 15 hp it would be a waste of money to buy one IMO

They did weird things for the 10 I am realizing that now you cant seem to find anything that they kept too they really had A.D.D with the 10

Its not just the CAI that is different. The manifold is different. I compared my manifold to my brothers manifold off of his 2007 GT and our has more height. Hence the gain in HP.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Its not just the CAI that is different. The manifold is different. I compared my manifold to my brothers manifold off of his 2007 GT and our has more height. Hence the gain in HP.
I looked into so much stuff when I first got my 10 and they where, saying this, saying that, but they said they got the 15 hp gain from the CAI.

Now your saying the manifold are different WTF next am I going to hear that is different on the 10 and when you trying telling people that the 10s are different the 2005-2009 they think your full of **** and just pissed that you did not get a 5.0,I don't want a 5.0.

I think the 10s will be a better collectors item because there will be less of them. Maybe, Maybe not, time will tell.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I looked into so much stuff when I first got my 10 and they where, saying this, saying that, but they said they got the 15 hp gain from the CAI.

Now your saying the manifold are different WTF next am I going to hear that is different on the 10 and when you trying telling people that the 10s are different the 2005-2009 they think your full of **** and just pissed that you did not get a 5.0,I don't want a 5.0.

I think the 10s will be a better collectors item because there will be less of them. Maybe, Maybe not, time will tell.
You keep telling yourself you dont want a 5.0 :D.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
I am going to have to vote for Lower Control Arms being one of the first mods you do.

I might be a little Bias, but I feel that is one of the most important modifications to the 2005+ Mustangs, in order to achieve maximum performance.

·
Registered
107 Posts
You keep telling yourself you dont want a 5.0 :D.
Lmao :D you made my point, I have had my 10 since july of 09 and I have 15k in mods so no I don't want a 5.0 :no

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lmao :D you made my point, I have had my 10 since july of 09 and I have 15k in mods so no I don't want a 5.0 :no
what RWHP are you making with your S/C??? Im making right at 400RWHP on my car. 386.3HP was what the dyno showed a while back. But i've added an O/R UPR x-pipe since then which they say will for sure add at the minimum 10RWHP up to about 15..

·
Registered
107 Posts
what RWHP are you making with your S/C??? Im making right at 400RWHP on my car. 386.3HP was what the dyno showed a while back. But i've added an O/R UPR x-pipe since then which they say will for sure add at the minimum 10RWHP up to about 15..
I'm at 440 to the rear and 430trq but that was when it was running lean it was just retuned so it should be higher.

·
Registered
168 Posts

I am real happy with my 2010 GT. I have no desire for a 5.0. Would I take a Roush 5XR or a Boss 302 or a GT500. Hell yeah, but I am more than happy with mine. I am jealous of your car lol. I want a KB on mine. One day.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts