Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the setup Im doing everybody has told me to go with LT headers. I already plan to buy a prochamber o/r h pipe with the magnaflow magnapack catback.

My question is: Can I go with shorty headers? The thing is that here were I live there are huge speedbumps and they already affect me so imagine with the LTs. What hp diference is there between Shorty and LTs? Let me know

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
you'll make more power with the LT's. and it's a pain in the ass to install them, so for the amount of trouble you will go through to install the headers, you may as well install headers that will let you gain the most power IMO...
i have a set of Mac's going on...

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
The prochamber drags before the headers do. I wouldn't waste my time on shorties.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The thing is that I have to pass about 4 big ass speed bumps to get to my house, thats 4 coming in and 4 to go out. I have a the steeda sportline springs installed. Its going to be a pain in the ass. I have a friend that has LTs and every time he comes to my house I can hear the metal screaching.

So with that said, about how much diference is there between LTs and Shorties

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ohh ok, do you know anywhere I can get them cheap? Does the brand make a difference?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Mac LT's are about $320 from Lethalperformance.com and Brenspeed.com. Or Ebay if you wanna save a little. There are other ones but they only get higher. I am personaly going with MAC LT's on my Mach.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, I just hope I dont regret it. What HP diference is there between LTs and Shorties

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Quite a bit on the top end especialy. I haven't heard of anyone in a bolt on mustang regret the power of their LT's I have seen lots of shorties come off for LT's

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I installed the com cams xtreme energy stage II 270s on my car, do you know were they give the most output at low or high rpm?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does a dent in one header to clear the steering column affect the performance?

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
Does a dent in one header to clear the steering column affect the performance?
the BBK's have a crimp like that on the driver's side header to clear the steering shaft. i personally wouldn't go with something that will obstruct air flow, regardless of how small it is. the Mac's don't have that crimp and still clear the steering column...

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I found some MAC LTs for 325 shipped to me. Is this good

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
are they ceramic coated?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i was looking into pacesetters for mine, but heard a lot of fitment issues on the 4.6. give me a minute and i will up load a pic of my mac lt's, prochamber and cat back, to give you an idea how it will sit underneath. i have frpp c-springs, qa1 k-member (dropped it another 1/2in or so), and stock height tires.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts