Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to attempt to install a fuel pressure gauge on my car tomorrow. I just wanted to make sure of a few things first before I jump into it. Im not an experienced mechanic by no means. but I can do basic stuff. I have this
and an adapter so it will fit in my fuel rail Auto Meter 3280 Auto Meter Extension Adapters & Fittings

As long as the car is off I can take the valve out of the fuel rail with out gas shooting out correct?? Do I have to have a special tool to take the valve out of my fuel rail?? and also once I install that sending unit on my fuel rail does anyone know if the factory hood is going to have enough clearance to not hit that sending unit when u close the hood? These are basically the only questions I have. The rest of the instructions with the kit seems pretty easy.
Thanks

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
youll get a little fuel coming out but not whole lot... just keep a rag handy...

and you have the correct adapters... I would use a little teflon tape and you should be set.. No clue about the hood clearance though, if its an issue, you can use a 1/8 nipple threaded into that adapter. then run a 90 degree and then put the sending unit on.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Let the car sit overnight before removing the shrader valve and there won't be as much fuel pressure at the fuel rails. There will be some gas that leaks out because the pressure will be around 10-15 psi.

You should clear the hood.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
finally installed all my gauges.. here they are

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very nice, I like the look of the all black with just the blue digits.
yea me too.. im actually thinking about takin that top gauge out and painting the edge of it black.. because it came silver.. and kinda stands out like a sore thumb. lol

·
Registered
253 Posts
Lol didn't even notice that. Yeah, paint it black. It should be pretty easy to do. I'm sure it'll look pretty sweet when driving at night seeing the gauges.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts