·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 mustang V6 3.8L. I already have:

K/N CAI
duel exhaust flowmaster
stage 1 clucth

I want to add some mods to it but I dont want to spend to much money but I am willing to spend some. I wanted to get some suggestions on:

-HID headlights
-HID lights for the inside dome and liscense plate
-LED brake lights and the third one
-Rims ( I already have 18 inch white)
-Performance chip, I want to get one that will give me results but I do not race at the track so basically I want one that will increase the HP and gas mileage. Any suggestions where I canfind any of these.
-Maybe headers but i heard with a V6 they wont make that much of a difference.

What other smaller items could I get to improve the performance but without putting to much strain on the engine. I have almost 80k miles on it.

People have told me to change the gears, underdrive pulley andthrottle body spacer but since Im not going to supercharge it or throw in a turbo they would be useless.

Any suggestions where i can get these items and opinions please help me out with this. Thanks guys

·
muneris pro ego
7,475 Posts
you paid too much for your CAI. an ebay CAI would do the same as the k&n for $100 less.

HID on the interior and lisence place... thats a negative
LED brake lights... rice.. dont do it
Performance chip... get a handheld flash tuner (SCT or Sniper)
Long Tube headers will make a difference on the v6.. shorties wont

Gears and Underdrive pulley will benefit you... the gears more than anything else you have

also.... http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/v6-mustangs/79395-look-here-before-asking-about-mods.html

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
You could always throw a cam in it. I got a great price on mine.
It sounds like this.
The audio quality in the clip isn't that great, but it does sound pretty good. Of course I also have a windstar upper intake manifold, ported and polished lower intake manifold, plus that cam. But that's it. I'll try to get a better clip up tonight that sounds a little better.

·
2k3 Blown Mach 1
2,183 Posts
You won't feel a big difference with a single bolt on and if you really want to have a faster car you need to spend $$$. Gears are the best bang for buck get 3.73 for manual or 4.10 for auto + traction lock and a speedcal to correct your speedometer or a tuner if you want to keep adding more bolt ons it will help.. :yes

It will be a little expensive but you will love them..
Gears: $170~180
Tlok: $210
Tuner: or $370~380 (you can find a used one for $200 aprox...)
or Speedcal: $100
=$750 tuner
=$570 with speedcal for manual only..
Installation $200~400 APROX (some people could charge you more)

(Prices from american muscle)

..... :)

·
Registered
548 Posts
supersixmotorsports.com has alot of parts that can give you some good hp gains, but agreed you do need to spend money.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You won't feel a big difference with a single bolt on and if you really want to have a faster car you need to spend $$$. Gears are the best bang for buck get 3.73 for manual or 4.10 for auto + traction lock and a speedcal to correct your speedometer or a tuner if you want to keep adding more bolt ons it will help.. :yes

It will be a little expensive but you will love them..
Gears: $170~180
Tlok: $210
Tuner: or $370~380 (you can find a used one for $200 aprox...)
or Speedcal: $100
=$750 tuner
=$570 with speedcal for manual only..
Installation $200~400 APROX (some people could charge you more)

(Prices from american muscle)

..... :)

Thanks I really appreciate it, my budget varies, whenever i have the money is when im going to spend it lol. Im almost saved up for a new paint job and then im throwin 20 in bullit rims and then im finishing my exterior mods and finally the engine.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Thanks I really appreciate it, my budget varies, whenever i have the money is when im going to spend it lol. Im almost saved up for a new paint job and then im throwin 20 in bullit rims and then im finishing my exterior mods and finally the engine.
20s will hurt performance and fuel economy. You're better off spending that money elsewhere.

·
2k3 Blown Mach 1
2,183 Posts
Ok then, and If you really care what people in here think they will bash you for having 20's 19's are still okay, I have 20's and yes you will get less mpg but I do get compliments out of the internet on my ride.... :yes
and you're welcome :D ...

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
Please, no bigger than 18". The cons already stated, plus rubbing if you lower it any, which then limits your suspension possibilities, which these cars need some help with to be good. Not to mention they are themselves more expensive, and new rubber is also pricey. By an SUV or a Caprice if you want dubs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts