Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently got a msd window switch off ebay for my zex nitrous kit with instructions.doe any one know how to hook this up and be able to give me instructions on where to hook up the wires? thank u

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Which window switch? You have to use the digital window switch with your car, or you have to get a tach adapter to run the pill style.

Get me a part number and I can get you the instructions.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its the msd digital pn 8969 thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have the 8969 in my car. You can find the instruction manual on MSD Ignition's web page. You would use the one cyllinder option and connect the RPM wire to one of your coils on the NON-red wire. I put it in the glove box and wired to radio power.
Does you Zex system have the TPS switch to fire the solenoids? Because the MSD window switch can only supply enough current to switch a relay not enough for the solenoids. You may have to put in an automotive type relay to activate the ZEX TPS switch if you want to use this as your window switch. You would also need an arming switch in there somewhere.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes its an tps system and i do have an arming switch already installed , so i guess now i have to get a relay huh?

·
Registered
63 Posts
It looks like you will need a relay between the TPS switch and the MSD window switch. Looking at the diagrams the red on the TPS is the arming switch (12V). The output of the window switch is a switched ground, the yellow wire. So this yellow wire has to control a relay to give switched 12V to the TPS switch. I would guess you would have to install and program the TPS switch first using the procedure before you install the window switch because it would seem impossible afterward.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
You have to jump the wire on the Window Switch to program the TPS switch.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Or you can make it simpler by buying the ZEX Traction Control Switch. Then you can set the activation and deactivation RPMs and skip gears as well.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just talked to someone about this and he indeed told me to buy a 5 pin automotive relay and to hook it up like this.

pin 86-12volt off car
pin 87-12volt off car
pin 87A-not used
pin 85-yellow wire from msd
pin 50-postive wire from nitrous arming swicth

i hope this is the right way, any other suggestions just
let me know cause it sounds like u guys r sayn to use the
tps wire instead of 12 volt wire fromin arming switch????

·
Registered
63 Posts
That looks like it would work just fine. It's pin 30 not 50 for the Common terminal. This configuraiton just puts the relay before the arming switch instead of after it. It shouldn't matter either way.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guys you were huge help

1 - 12 of 12 Posts