Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys need help getting new shocks and struts for my 96 mustang. right konw i have kyb's but when i changed factory tires to the gt rims i tends to pull. what are some good ones out there.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
if your pulling it isnt your struts get an alignment. Funny tire wear can be struts but pulling left or right something in the suspension geometry is out

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
are you replacing them cause you want to or just because you think theres an issue
I agree.
And also it does sound like a suspension problem. When you did the shocks and struts did you put lowering springs in? It could be a camber problem. Or it could be your tires are causing a pull. Either way i would recommend taking it to a shop and having an alignment done. They are supposed to check all suspension and steering components before aligning. Key word Supposed to.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree.
And also it does sound like a suspension problem. When you did the shocks and struts did you put lowering springs in? It could be a camber problem. Or it could be your tires are causing a pull. Either way i would recommend taking it to a shop and having an alignment done. They are supposed to check all suspension and steering components before aligning. Key word Supposed to.
cool i will take it in and have it checked. thnaks.

·
Registered
118 Posts
yeah its an allignment issue

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah its an allignment issue
well when i took it to discount tires they told me that i needed them changed so i replaced them. but when i got them they told me they were lifetime warranty and now that i took it back to them they told me because i dont have my receipt they are not going to honor the lifetime warranty. so now i have to go and replace them again. i think they are bad cuase i got them like 6.5 yrs ago. but i will check the other stuff you guys have recommended me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts