Modded Mustang Forums banner

help with nitrous install

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  SWEET2KSTANG 
#1 ·
a few days ago i came across a deal of a life time
i scored a used but in grate condition nitrous express wet kit complete with all feed lines
and shark nozzle and noids also 10 lb bottle W gauge all for $100

it is missing a few things relay switch WOT switch and jets so i have some questions

JET SIZE for efi witch i need for a 75 shot ?
RELAY i want to keep everything NX brand all the relays i seen are 60 amp is that to much?
FPSS would the one that's pre set to 30 psi good for stock fuel system
GAUGES to install electrical fuel/nitrous gauges what's the best localisations to plumb into
thanks gentleman

#3 · (Edited)
Call nitrous express 1-888-463-2781 and buy the jet assortment and jet card. Its cheap, buy Relay NX part# 15515 its a 40 amp relay with wiring harness. 30 psi FPSS will be fine. If you dont have a 255 in tank pump I would get one before you go over a 100 shot and get a set of plugs one range cooler than stock. You need a bottle heater and Nitrous pressure guage. Part number 15939 for bottle heater and guage. Pull 2 degrees of timing for every 50 shot to be safe. 1st 100 dont have to pull timing but for a 125 pull 2 and for a 150 pull 2 but some pull 4 at a 150! Ask your tuner on your set up/ compression etc.

Nitrous Express » Next Generation Nitrous Oxide Systems

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/products.php?category=1,18

#4 · (Edited)
my sheet says a .030 fuel jet and a .046 nitrous jet should equal a 100 shot.
BUT, that is ZEX though but it should get you close. to be absolutely sure, call NX tho. they will be able to help

as for a nitrous pressure gauge, i got a gel filled one from NX and it is right on the bottle nut fitting where the feed line threads on to the bottle. as for a fuel pressure gauge, i think somebody makes a fuel rail block that has 2 places for fittings, 1 allows you to feed you N2o kit and the other is for a fuel pressure gauge. i know ZEX has that block but im sure others have one too.

#6 ·
a relay is a relay, not going to matter as for brand as long as you get one that is able to handle the ampres. jetting is just a reference chart, but you should be able to find it on nx's website. as for fpss, its the same way as relay. get one that is made for fuel injected cars and use it. the gauges are up to you on brand and placement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.